1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The 'Tempest' Comes home - My White Avventura 1.3 Emotion DI!!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Rahul Singh, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I would suggest to ask SA for another car if it is possible. In case it is not possible, tell them to remove all the niggles.
    ODO reading of H10km is possible. in case of further doubts, check tires.
    Anand Shankar likes this.
  2. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    They fixed every thing today, visually inspected the engine bay for rodent activity none seen. Yes the tires had those hairy stuff on them and looked fresh. All seems ok now.
    Turbothinghy, Raguraman and prabhjot like this.
  3. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Cool man.. so what next ? will the delivery be taken after registration or with Temp Reg ?
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  4. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hey Raguram, taking delivery tomorrow, at 5PM, after registration. But I guess I wont get the number till Monday.

I dropped the reverse parking sensors and opted for the body cover instead, also getting the Sunglass case from the linea fitted for 1500/- and the Spoiler.

Spoiler cost seems to be quite steep, 4.5K for the part, and 2.7K for painting. After hard bargaining, got a rs. 700 discount on the painting.

All set for tomorrow :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 6, 2015 ---
    I felt the Red is a scratch magnet, even small scratches are very visible and evident. I scanned a white Punto for issues, even though there were scratches on it, it was real tough to locate them.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  5. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats Buddy, Wishing you many happy miles ahead with your Punto :) Hope to see a ownership thread with pics by weekend ;)

Meanwhile, any reason for swapping RPS with car cover ?

I have got my loan approved from SBI today.Need to visit the bank (not sure which branch) to get formalities done.

Have informed SA that I am planning to take delivery on 14th Aug and have asked for VIN number. Fingers crossed.. Hope everything goes fine ..
  6. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I was keen on getting the rear view cam installed, the sensors stick out like a sore thumb. And they were making a fuss about getting it painted etc. The parking sensors they provide is from the open market, its only about 700 bucks. The Cover is 1300Rs, so thought will swap it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 6, 2015 ---
    Which color are you picking ? are you taking delivery from KHT whitefield ? Saw another Red Punto being prepped for delivery.
    Raguraman likes this.
  7. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    HeY Raguram, I picked up my car today :)
    IMAG0534_1.jpg
    SOOZ_P, Rama, Turbothinghy and 3 others like this.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats @Anand Shankar. Now need a separate thread for your beast. See quite some blessing drops from above on your new ride.
  9. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Anand Shankar - Hey congrats again.. Hope u would be busy this weekend romancing with your Italian beauty :)

I have booked Orange Avvy.. Would be taking the delivery from KHT Whitefield. That is the reason I asked if you have noticed any Orange Avvy in stock yard when you did PDI for your vehicle..

I have completed my loan formalities at bank today.

Received a call from my SA asking when I would be visiting for PDI. When I asked them if I can come today around 4 pm, they said I can come but they cannot get the vehicle cleaned up and it would be covered with dust.. so I may not able to identify if any scratch marks are there. So I have decided to go on Monday morning..

Meanwhile, I have not yet received my VIN from dealer. I have been following up with the SA for 2-3 days for VIN but he is yet to SMS me that.. I feel there is something fishy here and I may need to keep my eyes wide open here on..

Whats your Vehicle's manufactured month ?

Just wanted to know if I am taking delivery this month,ideally which month's model should I be expecting.. Would it be june/July or Apr/May.. This information could be of great help to me.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 8, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 8, 2015 ---
    Quick update : Got VIN from SA now.. It ends with 'ghz', so looks like it is July '15 model.

Anything else I should be checking in VIN, apart from matching this VIN with the one in Vehicle ?
  10. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats !!