1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The 'Tempest' Comes home - My White Avventura 1.3 Emotion DI!!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Rahul Singh, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Rahul Singh - Yeah, I know Fiat is offering free road side assistance and 3 yr/45,000 kms warranty.

When I went for TD, we were impressed and started negotiating on the prices and SA gave me good numbers < 10 lacs.

On the same day, I also checked with him regarding the offers mentioned by FIAT in their website.

Initially he tried to push back saying it is applicable only for selected variants/vehicles and said I may need to pay 3500 for on road assistance.

But when I confronted against his statement and asked for clarification on variants and vehicles, he agreed Avvy would get it with a smile on his face ;)

Later he showed me a news paper ad which has details on the 3 yr warranty/road side assistance schemes offered by FIAT and informed me those were only for that specific weekend and will expire from Monday.

I said "Boss, I have been seeing this in Fiat's website for past 20 days, so don't play smart with me" :p

His intention was to get some token advance from me on the same day, but he need not bluff to me something like this. Because I have already decided to go with Avvy and its just matter of time I look for an auspicious day or time to make the payment.

I made a token advance on same day @ 5pm after consulting with my parents.

I don't have anything against the SA and personally he has been good to me so far,but I don't want to take anyone for granted. To me I should do my home work properly before stepping in the showroom and cannot trust their words blindly.

No, the VIN has not been shared with me yet. I believe he would have done the invoicing on July 30th/31st. So I need to check with him on how long it would take for the vehicle to reach the dealer.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Correction, the warranty is 3 Year/1 Lac kms and roadside assistance worth 3.5k. This is 3 year 45k kms maintenance package that i am referring to. Hope you have clarified this maintenance package thing whether it is included or not.
  3. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I actually verified all the 3 points with him..

1. 3 year/1 lac kms warranty
    2. Road side assitance for 3 yrs
    3. 3 yrs and 45k kms maintenance package.

I will re-verify them with him today and check for updates as well on delivery date.
  4. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    No worries. BTW, I was at SBI today to complete the documentation, and guess what the loan officer gave me specific instructions to do a comprehensive PDI before taking delivery and paying the margin money! I was surprised, when asked for a reason, he spoke about a case from KHT where the Car was damaged and customer dint do a proper PDI and the whole thing turning messy. I guess I did read about a similar issue here, not sure if its the same case.
  5. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Rahul Singh - I spoke to SA today to get update on my loan processing status. Hope I will get to know the status by Friday.

Meanwhile SA informed me that the vehicle is ready and in stock yard now. I was surprised to hear this as I was informed earlier that it would take 3 weeks to get the vehicle.

Is there anything fishy or is it normal ?
  6. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Please do proper PDI before registration & delivery.
  7. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I did the PDI today, I was taken to the stockyard. The car had spent about 4 days there, it was super dusty with couple of bird poop stains. I can understand the filth on it since it has been raining. The issues I found were:

1. Three 2mm scratches on the driver side door. The scratches themselves are small, but Deep and on the exotica red, they can be identified even though they are not very visible.

Proposed Solutions :
    a. SA is ready to repaint the entire door.
    b. Or he is ok with swapping the door with another car which has it intact.

2. Door panels are dirty with some soot/grease type stain. I tried rubbing out one, they seem to be going away. But why is the insides of the car so dirty ? Only the Doorpads are affected, the dash is clean, and the seats have their covers on.

a. SA says thats how they roll out of the factory, he assures that they will be squeaky clean by the time of delivery.

3. There are some rough spots on the Door panels, nothing major but at a couple of spots. They look like scratches or die markings. Basically may be 1mm of plastic sticking out of the otherwise smooth surface.

a. SA opens another Punto, similar minor rough patches seen on those doorpads as well. I can ignore them.

4. The ODO read 10km, with the H symbol visible. I am a lil concerned about this, has it really done only 10kms ? can the speedo be tampered or deactivated ? Should I trust this number ? the hair like stuff on the tires are intact, I am assuming the 10 kms is true. Unfortunately, I was not concentrating if the ODO/speedo was moving.

a. SA says its done only 10. He swears by god.

5. This is my biggest concern and could turn out to be a deal breaker tomo. When I opened the bonnet, I found the dampening material under the hood chewed up, the black material was gone and the brown rough material below was visible. Its the size of a big palm, right in the center of the hood. The doesnt seem to touch any of the engine parts. There is some minor rubbish accumulated near the clutch case, but apart from that all looks in place. But then, I found i single piece of rat Poop, rather large piece of poop indicating a large rodent. Now, if the Rat has chewed on the material, then I am concerned. The dampening can be replaced, but what if he ventured else where and chewed up a few wires ?

a. SA says he will replace the hood pads, he says no wires are damaged, as it would indicate in the functioning of the car. Or throw up some error message in the MID. I dont know how to judge this one. PLease help.

Tomorrow he is fixing the above issues and showing me the car, he has assured that I can reject it if I am not satisfied and choose another one of the same color. Should I accept this car or reject it outright ?

Apart from that:

Accesories :

Paid
    1. Foot well lamps - AMber - 1100
    2. Scuff plates - non backlit ones. - 600
    3. Spoiler - OEM with 3M taping. - 4K approx (bargained for free painting)
    4. Normal car Cover - 1.3K
    5. Sunglass holder from Linea - 1.1K

Free
    1. mudflaps - molded ones
    2. mats - Normal ones.
    3. Reverse parking sensors - Monitor in the IVRM

Wanted to check if I can add the Armrest from Linea, then I ask myself to shut up and go home!
  8. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Anand Shankar - Hey Anand, who is your SA ?

Meanwhile, did you notice any Orange Avvy @ stock yard ? Just asking out of curiosity :p

Please keep us posted with your observations today on your Punto :)
  9. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi SA is Rakesh and yes there was an orange avvy in the stockyard.

Guys any suggestions on what I should do?
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Anand Shankar
    if i was you,i would have opted for a brand new car,hope you got it.That shows so much negligence and how the customers are taken for the ride.Quality on toss.
    We have seen such cases were such niggles are rectified and delivered and customers are happy too. its your call.