1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The 'Tempest' Comes home - My White Avventura 1.3 Emotion DI!!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Rahul Singh, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Raguraman : Congratulations and welcome to Fiat family. Once you get your Avvy, don't forget to start ownership thread.

Before taking delivery, please take care of following:
    1- Do an extensive PDI as per checklist from PDI thread
    2- Make sure that the PDI is done in broad daylight so that any paint damage or physical damage doesn't go unnoticed
    3- Check the Tyre for their manufacturing date. Shouldn't be too old
    4- Cross check the VIN number provided to you with that on vehicle
    5- Verify the Odometer reading
    6- Make sure all the accessories are fitted to the car on D-Day
    7- Here is a list of known issues that i have faced in my car and which have been subsequently fixed. If possible, get them fixed in your car post PDI and before delivery:
    a- Issue with USB playback in music system. On pressing the horn, the mode changes to radio
    b- Left pull issue. Fiat has rolled out a circular for same recently.
    c- 3rd Gear Jerking issue. ECU update is out and i got it done 3 days back. Still testing the car but yet to encounter it after update
    d- Spare wheel rattling - may or may not be present in your car
    8- Also, do visit there stockyard if possible to take a stock of vehicle before PDI. One of my friend had a horrible experience with KHT whitefield while taking delivery of his Tjet.

Happy Motoring!!!
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Rahul, Thanks a lot for the valuable information.

I have few questions

1. Could you please let me know how to identify the Tyre's manufacturing date.. Would it be written on top of the Tyre itself.
    2. When the VIN would be shared with us by the dealer? During the transit of vehicle from Manufacturing plant or after it reaches the dealer.

Could you please share the kind of issue your friend faced with KHT Whitefield. Just wanted to be extra cautious :)
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    "b- Left pull issue. Fiat has rolled out a circular for same recently."
    >> @Rahul Singh, would be great if you could provide more details on this. What did they mention, how to rectify it, etc.
    Raguraman likes this.
  4. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Raguraman :
    1- Yes the tyre manufacturing date info will be on sidewall of tyre in the format WWYY where WW represents the week of yesr and YY represents the Year of manufacture of tyre.
    2- The VIN can be shared by dealer during the transit of vehicle itself. Please check the VIN thread for Fiat for information on how to decode the VIN. Your VIN will be displayed on tag on windshield as well as in the boot area if i remember correctly

My friend had a horrible time with whitefield kht because of pathetic attitude of SA. He was given a VIN number and when we went to do the PDI the paint on rear right quarter panel seemed to be little off. Upon closer inspection we found evidence of a dent also. The odometer reading had no H on it. The SA promised him a new car and shared a new VIN as well but on the D day the same car was readied for delivery. Though these instances are not very common but be careful. Do a thorough PDI in the stockyard as well as on the day of delivery.

@Saket Sidana : The circular is nothing but new alignment readings for 2014 models. However, since the day i got it done, the left pull is gone but there is a strange grinding noise going from rear right. will get this checked next week and update the root cause.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Rahul,

Could you share the name of the SA ? I have booked a Evo from the KHT Whitefield Dealership, would like to keep a watch on such stuff.
  6. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Raghuraman what is the current on road price of Aventura 1.3 emotion plus ? after all discounts
  7. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @mayurshah - 10,67,000 is actual on road price, you can get discount upto 50,000 - 60,000..
    mayurshah likes this.
  8. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Anand Shankar Sorry don't remember his name. These incidents are very few and can crop up with any dealership but a detailed PDI will save you all the trouble.
    @Raguraman : So it is still retailing at more or less the same price at which i bought it when launched!
  9. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Rahul Singh - Yeah I guess so..

Meanwhile, Hyundai have increased prices upto 30,00 across all their vehicles excluding Creta. And polo's price have been increased by 2% from Aug 1st.

Heard from SA, that Fiat prices may also go up soon. But not sure how much of it is true.
  10. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat did raise the prices earlier as well but they are providing discounts to compensate for that since the sales are too low. I bought mine at a shade less than 10 lacs OTR at launch. If they raise the prices again i think the lower sales will force them to increase discounts as well :p

BTW @Raguraman did you check for 3 year/45k KMS maintenance scheme? Have seen the poster on FASS for evo. Any idea if it is available for Avvy as well.

What's your expected date of delivery? Has SA shared the VIN with you?
    Raguraman likes this.