1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The 'Tempest' Comes home - My White Avventura 1.3 Emotion DI!!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Rahul Singh, Nov 27, 2014.

1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot no one will accept a repaired car as new one, and if the manager is rude then dealer change is deserved. what is his job ? to come across rude to customers ? is he or the dealership going to offer 50K discount for the damages done ? if yes then if @Rohan Thinks good he can go for this car. otherwise car/dealer change is the solution in my opinion.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @dadsaheb It's just a few scratches! Hotaa hai, you know that! We buy cars not the sales guys' manners! ;):p
  3. Rohan

Rohan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Today's Update.
    The complaint was sent to FIAT India via e-mail and facebook. They along with the dealership had several phone calls and now they will get a another car from another dealership, and what's even better is i will also go there and have my choice of selecting any of the Avventura.
    I was really serious about changing the dealership bit the problem was the refund and re- payment to another dealer which would take several more days. But my dad really wanted to gift it to me on this 5 th as a birthday gift so the decision was dropped.
    Anyways tomorrow i will have a look at the another car and will post the update.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Good hai @Rohan. All the best and wishing you a very happy birthday. Enjoy the car!
    Rohan likes this.
  5. Sanjeev Ashok

Sanjeev Ashok Novizio

Coimbatore
    Linea Classic
    Congrats Mr. Rahul... Happy Motoring !!!
    Rahul Singh likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rahul Singh

Thought you might like this story, given what we were dsicussing in the other thread.

My dad, then a disenchanted and disabused Honda Civic owner (terrible GC and rear suspension, and rear bench and expensive cost of maintanence, decided to pickup the new Linea, soon after its launch, the 1.4 petrol, in late 2009, i think, as a second (soon to be first!) ride. He always did have a soft spot for Fiat, given lots of them over many years in the wider family, including his own 118NE, the best car he's ever owned he still insists.

Simultaneously he discovered the joys, and pitfalls as it turns out, of the internet: he started haunting that automotive forum which, promptly, came up with a special thread dedicated only to the ostensibly niggle-ridden new Linea-s. Every peter, paul and mary chimed in in that thread, many of them with no experience whatsoever of either the car or Tata ASS, and it just ballooned.

The result was that he started getting paranoid and regretful at his decision to go with Fiat, especially since a few niggles duly appeared on his car, as if on cue.

AC was ok but shouldn't it much better, Fiat? Sure sir, said Dhingra motors, and replaced the AC unit under warranty, free, even though it was ok, really. Seat height adjust mechanism malfunctioning? Ok sir, said Fiat and Dhingra motors, and replaced the entire seat.

Meanwhile, that thread on that forum was driving him nuts, since people were doing a minute documentation of every possible so-called 'niggle'/so-called 'quality deficiency', because he started fearing that all those reports would apply to his car.

Then, Fiat 'recalled' the car to replace the clutch slave cylinder, once and then....again to the terrific final one the car has now, all free, all without asking or fighting. His ownership experience was feeling lousy, despite Fiat being proactive with warranties and Tata Dhingra Motors being pretty good too, because he kept fearing the (as it turned out mythical) worst, fed by an excess of statistically skewed info on that forum.

Cut to: today. You'd have a bribe my dad, a wealthy enough man-of-the-world, A LOT if you were to get him to even consider a car other than a Fiat or say a Jeep (by extension).

Why? Since those supposedly calamitous and numerous QC issues (only one really caused any real grief in his case, the seat height adjust) he'd been evermore anxiously reading on that forum NEVER really happened, and if/before they did, Fiat and the FASS acted, in good faith, at NO expense to him.

Since then: the car's just been one sweet long ride, not a squeak or rattle, effortlessly and ever-so-inexpensively done about 70000 kms, been amazingly cheap to run and maintain.

He got rid of the Civic a couple of years ago: it was a very reliable car for a few years, but just awful in India in so many other ways, and was far too exorbitant to maintain once it got older, given Honda's extortionate ASS and spares costs.

I doubt you'd find a more assured and confident Fiat owner: that's him now. He, a 70 year old who has owned many cars at home and abroad over the decades, GENUINELY, rather than resentfully, finds it hilarious/absurd when a friend or relative or neighbour buys a Honda or a Hyundai, as they ALL seem to! He has seen the 'light', you might say, though it is more the unbelievable VFM for the topnotch ride-and-drive quality of Fiats that did it, I suspect.

There is, as result, an informal rule in our immediate family: buy only Fiats, like my grand-parents did in their time, and so everyone has, but yes Fiat, can you launch the Viaggio please, or the 500L, or an affordable Jeep?:):cool:
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot, I really hope Fiat gets Viaggio to India. It's a smashing car, atleast looks wise.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot Actually any new Fiat owner feels like what your Dad felt initially and the other forum has a big hand to play in this ;). Fingers crossed that my ownership turns out to be as blissful as your Dad's. If That happens, who knows my next car may be a Abarth 500 :D
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Did a quick dash to Hosur yesterday night. Pushed the car all the way to its limit to test the issue of vibrations reported last time. No drama this time around, the car was glued to road firmly. All good after alignment and tire pressure change.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    First Service/5000 Kms Update:

The Tempest had its first service over the weekend. The major issues reported were as follows:

1- Passenger side center AC Vent not working - Center AC vent to be replaced under warranty, Part ordered will be replaced once it arrives
    2- Left side door rattle - Reolved
    3- Difficulty in slotting reverse gear in one shot - Under observation after service, has not come up since then
    4- Loss of coolant - No visible leakage found, under observation for 1000 KMS with coolant topped to max level
    5- Occasional jerk in 3rd gear just before turbo kicks in - The issue has been reported to Fiat, there is one more complaint pending with Fiat from another Avventura. ASC has no idea why this occurs.

Issue#4 and #5 is what is bugging me most. The vehicle has become smoother after service. Have missed my Tempest while i was away due to work. Glad to be enjoying it again :)
    prabhjot likes this.