1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Story of my Amby

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by cvanandh, Sep 22, 2012.

1. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Great anand , are you going to keep it original or a little like say alloys + big wheels and stylish graphics and make it a like 2012 amby :)
  2. No way Vijay! It's gonna be as original as possible. Will be adding hub-caps and rings as in the 2002 picture that I've posted. Nothing else.
    2 people like this.
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I know AMBY is a car or should we call addiction...:). Having owned an Amby for more than 35 years, I know what must be your feeling in getting back the car.

Kiran
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kudos for your passion for the grand daddy and bringing him back to life....
    The old green was very nice but the new green is a bit too dark to gel with...
    I happen to see another 1962 amby in fb : http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420788_340350356016281_298102039_n.jpg .
    I suggest you get some good alloys like this, albeit i understand retro is retro , but this adds a LOT of character to the ride !!
    Also get white wall tire inserts to complete the looks.
    3 people like this.
  5. A quick update.

The car is finally back home. Still few minor issues to be sorted out. Drove it from Pollachi to Coimbatore about 40 kms and the car was awesome

The AC chills brilliantly and even though it was on "Lo", I had to swith off the compressor once in a while as it was getting too cold for comfort in the evenings.

The engine and gearbox did well too. On few occations, I mis-shifted from 2nd to 5th instead of 3rd and it continued to pull without a fuss.

Now I'm back to Chennai. Couple of pics from my mobile for now. Not taken any shots of the interior since they are still on the workshop-covers.

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg
    10 people like this.
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    So the old man is back home after prolonged recovery period.

Anand,Would love to see a picture of all your cars together :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    WOW Buddy... :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. Thanks Naveen and Naughty!

@Naveen, sure will take a pic of my cars when I go to Coimbatore during Diwali :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How did I miss this thread all these days?

I didn't know that you are also working on your project Amby. You are really passionate towards the classic cars.
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Just two words! Youth Regained :)

I am taking inspiration from to bring back to life my 20 years old Chetak scooter at home.