1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The story of Linea and my Dad

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Arun1100, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One more thing, if planning for Linea, better to wait for sometime. One is for T-Jet and 2nd most important is Ground Clearance has been increased to 170mm from 161mm. There has been some reports that this GC increase will be incorporated in all Linea.
  2. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Oh ok. Thanks Ravi. Fiat cars are getting better day by day! :cool:
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Hi Arun

I am attaching Linea vs Honda done by a guy who owns both of them. This comparo was prepared sometime last year :punch . I feel it is still very much relevant. This might help you see that huge points you have given to city is more about perception management.

Attached Files:

4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I remember the time when he made it :wink: :mrgreen:
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was watching Rolls Royce Ghost on Autocar show today. They were showing off one feature that I found to be great. The boot lid has hydraulic lift mechanism. You just need to unlock the boot and it lifts on it's own.

I just came to know that Linea has hydraulic boot lid lifting mechanism as well. This means that you just press boot release button on the keyfob and wuff.. the lid goes up? Can anybody confirm?
    Great. ::T
  6. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    @Kaps: Thanks for the link. But now there is City V. Its more costly though.

Yashik: Regarding the boot release button, yes its true!

Seeing the reviews of T-Jet, it shows how serious FIAT is! All major problems solved i guess.
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok. That's great. I used to think that it will just release the boot lock but we have to manually lift the boot just like in all cars normally. This is present only in Linea I guess. I have never seen any other car of this segment in which we press the boot release and the lid goes up automatically as well.
  8. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Oops. I was wrong in the previous post!The boot doesn't lift up..
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :sad1
    I wish Linea had this.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Well the boot lid lift mechanism is hydraulic, only thing missing is auto lift. It requires a bit of inertia and then it goes all the way. I think it is same in many other cars.