1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Story of 90 Horses.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Deepak, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson : Did you get a call from the service center or you went voluntarily to get it done?
  2. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy I got a call from FASS. Before that I have received a survey link by email. Is filling the survey the selection criteria for ECU update? Not sure. Still wondering why it is not for all 90HP.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson : Thanks for pointing to the link. Are you still seeing the lag at 1800rpm after changing your drive style?
    I got call from service centre to get the ECU update, not sure about getting this done.
    1. How is the performance in 3rd gear post update? Is it more fun to drive?
    2. If 3rd gear is improved, is there any hit on performance in 5th gear? How does it feel between 3.5K RPM to 4k RPM?
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I've not got a call from ASC. How to know if my car is in the list!?
  5. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak I did not drive much due to a cracked tyre. All is good now and going to hometown tomorrow. Will check it and let you know. Regarding 3rd gear performance, the addictive push after 3k rpm is gone. Power delivery is more linear now. Will confirm you tomorrow.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson : Thanks buddy. I will wait for your update. Particularly between 3-4k rpm. Please do let me know.
    @KPR: you will get a call from FASS if your car is in the list.
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have not got a call from FASS neither bothered to check. As @carl_jhonson mentioned, if the power delivery is more Linear I may not get it done as well. I am not sure what has changed as well. As mine is already remapped I don't see any strong reason for the update. Also I need to get it flashed again post update,

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  8. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak

Lag is still there. It is not exactly lag but feels like how bikes run just before going into reserve mode.

1. The push at 3rd gear > 3k rpm is not there now. I can feel the second boost after 2.6k rpm but it is mild and not significant as it used to be. So not much to expect here.

2. Did not notice any change in the 3 - 4k rpm range and 5th gear performance.
    Rama and Deepak like this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Second service and ECU update done:
    Max went for his second service at Aadya Motors. They have shifted to new venue near Arabic college stop, Nagawara Bangalore. New venue is up with 9 service bays and its good compared to their old place.

Dint have any complaints except for the minor coolant leak at overflow reservoir. SA and friend RaghuRam is very generous at listening to customer queries and resolving them. Total cost of the service: INR 6200/-

Feedback on ECU update: I drove 20km in b2b traffic after the update. Honestly i dint feel any difference in lower gear. Its too early to comment as i dint test the car on highway yet, but i will post an update soon. @carl_jhonson
  10. Breeze

Breeze Timido

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Hi Deepak, I am contemplating to book punto 90hp this Dec from Kht, domlur. Since you booked it on Dec last year , can you tell me what offers I can get and what was the on road price you paid? Thanks in advance. Tried to pm you but couldn't send it

BTW, Nice to know you also own Rtr like me and many fiatians. Fiat + RTR is some special combo. both are known for great handling.