1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Story of 90 Horses.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Deepak, Apr 13, 2016.

1. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    FASS did WB again and that fixed the steering twitching.
    prabhjot, PradeepM and Deepak like this.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    after a long research finally bought the SJCAM 4000 wifi. its basically an action camera which can be used as car dashcam as well. Purchased via gearbest as it's expensive in india. Same can be purchased in aliexpress as well.

Feedback on SJCAM:
    one word: It's excellent. Picture quality is crystal clear. It comes with tons of accessories and can be mounted on helmet,bike,cycle etc. There are additional accessory kits available on aliexpress which are really handful. You can literally mount anywhere to capture those precious life moments. All the gopro mounts can be used with sjcam.

I paid 69.89$ for SJCAM 4000 (gearbest) and 19$ for additional accessory kit from aliexpress. So total price paid = Rs. 6500. when i checked in amazon india, same was priced at whopping Rs. 9880. (i think its rs 7000 now)

http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_81588.html?wid=21

Accessory kit:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sj4..._2&btsid=49d66513-c3fe-45b2-82e5-3ea3e735cee3

Below is the video recording: (watch in 1080p mode, original video is better than youtube upload)

SJCAM is mainly an action camera which can be used as dashcam. If you are looking for a full time dashcam i'd suggest mini 0806 which comes with dual slot 128GB capacity.

BTW, happened to take Max on barge for the first time. :)

IMG_20160905_224831.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  3. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @Deepak, thanx for this input. I shall watch the video clip tonight at home.

I have been in the dilemma for past many months with this very issue. I was strongly considering SJCAM 4000 for using as dash-cam, but haven't been able to decide if a dedicated dash-camera will be better. Your purchase can help me if you clarify few doubts:

1. How visible it is? What are the colour options? I know it is quite small, but your experience?
    2. Is there any issue in mounting between the RVM & wind-shield? How easy to remove and fix back?
    3. I am considering an action-cam for multi-purpose use - does this fit here? Or any compromise in car-cam function?

My first need is a dash-cam and then an action-cam. If it is a compromise, then I would go for dash-cam.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016 ---
    Maybe, putting more details in the relevant thread on dash-cam will help more members, as they would be checking that thread.
    Deepak likes this.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Always wanted to try water less car wash. Bought Proklear from amazon: Raw Xtreme CX.
    One can wash the entire car in 500ml of water (add 10ml of concentrate). However i ended up using 1L of water as i was trying it for first time. Result is superb. It shines bright post buffing as it has carnauba wax. I suggest this to everyone who would like to save water, yet have a shining surface.
    link: http://www.amazon.in/PROKLEAR-Water...=UTF8&qid=1475047051&sr=1-6&keywords=proklear

IMG_20160928_123240760.jpg

IMG_20160928_123255359.jpg
  6. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Superb shine! I usually follow the 2 bucket method. But it takes lot of time. How long did it take for you ?
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I'm a noob here. Explain how the process of less water wash. You mix 10 ml in 1 ltr of water but how do you wet your car? Can you explain step by step process.
    Can you elaborate or lead me to links?

Despite efforts and careful usage of meguairs and 3M microfibers I'm getting swirls. Will any of the above two methods save swirls formation?
    I usually wash my car thoroughly once/twice in a month depending on run and then use armorall wax and shine. It enhances the car look but I can spot swirls although family says it is good.
  8. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak you can even try Ultima Waterless Wash (concentrated), it is also a very good product & gives nice shine / slick effect. Also the waterless wash is only useful if your car is not very dirty / mucky (during rainy season) & you clean it at least twice in a week. But it is really fast you can finish it in an hour.
    Nice shine you have got there.

@KPR , here is the couple of links, hope these help.

http://www.carpro-us.com/auto-wash/ultima-waterless-wash-plus-concentrate-16-oz/
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/60643-review-how-ultima-waterless-wash-plus.html
    https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?16576-UWW-Ultima-Waterless-Wash-A-newbie-s-review
    PS: I am nowhere related to these products. Just suggesting based on personal experience.
    KPR and Turbothinghy like this.
  9. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR If you use one bucket for cleaning, when you soak the cloth in water, the much may stick to the cleaning cloth and cause swirl marks. In two bucket method you have two buckets. One for dirty water and one with clean water. You have to soak the cloth in the dirty water bucket first and then soak it again in clean water to get rid of muck. You can use a sieve in the dirty water bucket to get rid of muck fully. Two bucket method may reduce the swirl marks.

Deepak and KPR like this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak : Even I use the same Proklear waterless product and the results are pretty decent. The best part is that you can carry it in the car all the time, specially during long drives and clean the headlamps and mirrors intermitently in lesser time.