1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Story of 90 Horses.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Deepak, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak Phew !!! What an ordeal. I was on the same boat, a month ago, only diff is, I spent 600 bucks instead of 4K. My FASS was clever enough to get it done in the 3rd trial, but I still experience very slight steering pull to left, but not at all times. Is it the same case with your car too ? I mean, it pulls when I brake at slower speeds and also when I decelerate at speeds below 70 km/hr. Otherwise no issues, except that the car's on fire after the ECU update. No more lags, it shoots like how 93PS is meant to. :)
    Deepak likes this.
  2. ravikn

ravikn Timido

@Deepak, good to hear that A1 was able to fix this. I have always got my car wheel balancing done there.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
    Deepak likes this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I also had felt left pulling after some 19k kms. I gave it to FASS and they did a nice job. It was the first time that WB was done on my Punto. It seems fine after that. I am heading out to Hampi, Karnataka, this extended weekend so would be able to test it at higher speeds.
    PradeepM and Deepak like this.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 : FASS does following to troubleshoot left pull.
    1. Swap front tyres (Left and Right)
    2. Swap Rear to front.
    3. Remove the front tyres and fit them in reverse direction.
    4. if issue persists adjust the camber.

@ravikn : Would you get the Wheel alignment done from same shop?

@Turbothinghy : WB is needed only if tyres are removed from the alloy. Otherwise its not required. Tyres shop says to get the WB done every 10k - this is their trick to run the business. Hampi is nice place. enjoy your drive.
  5. ravikn

ravikn Timido

Yes Deepak

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    Deepak likes this.
  6. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak I too feel vibrations once I cross 90 Kmph. I did WA/WB recently. How to identify whether tyres are reversed?
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson , incase of directional tyres there will be markings on the sidewalls - OUTSIDE & INSIDE
    Deepak likes this.
  8. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico My car is running with the stock Apollo alnac 4g. I see two arrows and depending on the wheel position they point in both front and reverse. So I assume they are not directional tyres. Is that correct ?
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson : below is a sample pic. alnac 4G is unidirectional. when you see the tyre, "OUTSIDE" should be visible. (if you see "INSIDE"- tyre is reversed)

Don't do WB unless the tyre is removed from the alloy. WB is required only once/twice in the entire lifetime of a tyre. During wheel rotation (front --> rear) , just swap them. Go for WB only if you see any wobbling. Looks like the guy @tyre shop has not done the WB right for you. You need to find a good WB centre @chennai.

tyre-outside-440.jpg
    Turbothinghy and aramico like this.
  10. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @Deepak The tyres are fitted properly. Fixed an appointment for second service tomorrow. I will check with FASS regarding this.