1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Story of 90 Horses.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Deepak, Apr 13, 2016.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I placed Absolute below 'Emotion'.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @limraj : Ok. If this emblem comes off, how to stick it back? i don't want to use Feviquick. Any particular glue is needed?
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Nothing. Just remove the plastic and stick it to a cleaned surface. It wont come off.
    Turbothinghy and Deepak like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Sorry for joining the party a bit late @Deepak . Congratulations for the 90 horses and that too ni Red.
    Happy miles!
    Deepak likes this.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    It's marriage season! I had two marriages to attend, one in Shimoga another in Bellary . Bored of the same office work i was looking for long drive chance. Each time i look at 'Max', He says 'I dont belong here, take me on highway' :p Once you drive Punto on highway it's like an addiction. You do the same thing again and again :)
    Did a full tank @ Shell, checked all fluid levels before start of the trip and yeah! Max was ready to roll.

IMG_20160423_164203865.jpg IMG_20160422_091558901_HDR.jpg IMG_20160424_000726.jpg

Highlight of the trip is Punto's suspension. I drove on all kind of roads this time. Good road, Bad road and No road. the suspension remains unfazed on any type of road. It just slaughters 'em all. I remember how i cursed hyundai's suspension when i did the Bellary stretch last time. It's an opposite scene with Punto. You see the bad roads and yet you press the A pedal. That's one of Punto's core strength. I advice all the prospective buyers of Fiat not just go to the showroom taking one test drive around couple of blocks and rejecting saying "Steering is hard, Pick up is low". You are probably measuring Fiat with wrong units. The strength of fiat is still kept hidden from buyers and you gotta explore by following these.

1. Ask for a long test drive on an open stretch.
    2. Drive it on the corners.
    3. Most importantly drive it on the worst of the worst roads.

It will not take much time to decide on what car you are looking for!
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations for your 90.
    Happy miles with more smiles. Enjoy.
    Deepak likes this.
  7. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Good ownership thread. Congratulation @Deepak for your new car.
    Deepak likes this.
  8. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congratulations @Deepak. Punto in red is real killer!! :snaphappy:
    Deepak likes this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Alright, An update after 6 month of purchase. ODO stands close to 13k. I have had both good and bad time. Bad time is because of the pain i took to Balance the 16' alloys. I had complained about left pull issue during my first service at 5k kms. FASS then removed the front tyres and put them in reverse direction.I did not observe this at FASS and went for a short test drive. There was no left pull. So i took the delivery of the car. I went for a long highway drive. To my suprise steering used to wobble at 90-110kmph. I called up FASS and they told to get the wheel balanced as WB machine was not working at their site. I headed to nearby WB shop and got all the 4 wheels balanced. Went for a drive again. Unfortunately it was still there. I did some research online and found ROadForce wheel balancing is the best method to balance the wheel. Went to Madhus @Langford road and got the WB done using RoadForce machine. went for a highway run expecting wobbling would have gone by now. Unfortunately it was not. (reduced a bit but not completely). As wobbling was at 90-110kmph it was very irritating to drive. I got so frustrated that i had to cancel many of my monsoon drive because of this crazy vibs. I decided to get the WB done at FASS itself. I had gone home and on the way back i went to Manickbag FIAT Hubli. Explained them th issue and got the wB done. The way they were sticking weights on the alloy was wrong. They guy has stick weights on the centre of the alloy and said it can be put anywhere on the alloy, just that machine should dispay '0'. I dint argue and understood there itself that this never gonna work and my guess was right. Steering wobbling even got worsened :D.
    I was absolutely clueless on what need to be done to fix this. Next one month i kept on balancing the tyres at 2-3 shops. All in vain :(
    So after shelling out 4k on my WB venture i decided not to visit anymore tyre shops. I suspected it could be due to loose suspension member bolts. Went to a local garage and got them tightened. But result was same. vibs were still there.
    by now, I had read almost everything about WB online and decided to fix it myself. I called up my buddy @Arun Bhat who owns a 90hp and swapped the front wheels. When i was running on his wheels there was no vibrations felt. This was a great relief to isolate the issue. So its due to wheels. And no one did the Wheel balancing right at any of the shops.Damn! I was in search for the right guy who can balance the wheel correctly. My friend referred A1 car centre near lalbagh road. I went there and looking at the alloys he asked 'Who did this balancing? weights are on only one side!". When you do the wheel balancing it should be two plane balacing. Some machine shows (example: 20-0 meaning no need to put weight on outer lip), but its always better to do two plane balancing. He added the weights on both outer and inner lip of the alloy and my problem was solved when i went for a test drive :) This was such a relief after 8k kms of suffering.

Some learning from my experience:

1. apollo alnac 4G tyres are unidirectional, so when you complain FASS about left pull, they will fit the tyres in reverese direction (i.e., outside to inside). This is wrong and get it corrected.

2. Do not go to any WB shops blindly. Most of them just own the machine. They hardly know a single line about Wheel balacing. They just swing the wheel and stick the weight. Damn!.

3. last and most important one: try to fix the problem yourself. even though we fail , if this repeats in future we know what to do.

BTW i have stick the 'Absolute' on both the fenders. It looks super cool :)

absolut.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016