1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The story behind your car...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bala, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Many may say looks,ride, handling etc,
    For me,before purchase it was actually the tyre(the size)which turned me confident,fattest tyre,should keep the car planted on the road,it was no rocket science and I didn't need a test drive
    After purchase,it was actually the brakes which turned me passionate towards my Fiat Linea.Mine is a basic active version with no ABS,but still the brakes are very crisp and confidence inspiring.once I was driving at 140k/hour speed and suddenly I noticed a speed breaker.It was actually late,I thought my car would hit the speed breaker and I will be going for a toss,I just closed my eyes and applied the brakes,thank God,the car stopped just where the brakes were applied and it was still a feet away from the speed breaker.So,its the brakes which made me passionate towars my car.(I do not drive much though,so far I've driven for only 200kms out of a total 24,000km)
    Which one thing in your FIAT CAR turned you passionate about it???
  2. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    For me , it was the looks , its a funny story actually . I was smitten by the looks when the launched . So I kept planning that one day I would buy the car . Lat year when the rainy season was mid way i caught fever . So I had to take leave from office and rest . Was out of medicines on the second day so had to go to the chemist and got drenched on the way . Standing at the chemists store i saw a black punto go by and I decided I want that . You might not believe this but I came back home called PANDIT found out minimum amount required for booking , took my ATM and went to the showroom in the same wet clothes with high fever . I never took a test drive before getting my baby . I didnt even know what I was buying . I didnt know the stats teh mileage .The sales exec at Pandit ( Gurnain Kapoor ) said "Sir , gaadi lene se pehle test drive to kar lo " I said "bus yaar pasand aa gayee " ab jo takleef aage hogi dekh lenge but abhi ke liye yahi sahi hai !!!! and was I right .. YAHI SAHI HAI !!!!
  3. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

@ Gautam: Now that's what I call...love at first sight!!!
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ::D Thats some story worthy of making to Bollywood
  5. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    @Roy : Arrey sir karan johar ki bhi fatt jayegi aisi story sunkar .. woh bhi ekdum original !!!!
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Gautam,that's certainly Karan johar stuff,I can even visualize the rain,the fever,your first sight of a FIAT,following her to the showrrom,wow,the car is certainly worth it
    By the way,even I bought my LINEA with out a test drive,the first test drive!I had of the wonderfull machine was when it came home after purchase!
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Blue&Me with steering control, which is a sweet feature. Fiat India is the first one to introduce Blue&Me with steering control in Fiat Linea/Punto in this segment of cars in India.
  8. For me it was the killing looks (of red/blue alike) -at first sight.

And at the first drive - the feel I was getting when I revved it till a point (it was a petrol, and I "guess" the sales advisor who was sitting beside might have given me back a different kind of "killing "looks :) )
  9. rameshjoshi

rameshjoshi Amatore

Pune
    I actually wanted to book Vista (as I wanted an economic diesel version with ample space). So I had gone to the BUB showroom in Pashan with wife a couple of times, brought the brochure and studied the specs of Vista, Swift and Punto. Punto was good but expensive. Swift was a delay of 2 months. So it was Vista. On the day I went there again for booking, I was told that the showroom model was the only available model (from the Anniversary Edition lot). I was reluctant to do so but went ahead anyway. Next day I consulted with my friend and took him to the showroom to show Vista. He basically believes in my ability to NOT choose correct things. As the car was booked for me, it was taken off the showroom and kept in underground basement. My friend was not impressed by the car. And for me also, it looked ordinary when i saw it off the showroom. There was a red Punto standing next to the booked car and my friend and I had not seen the real model before (only specs and TV). When I saw it, we both suddenly were unanimous that it looks no less than a Ferrari and I should purchase this one. I canceled my booking on the spot for Vista and asked them for a Punto (a petrol one considering my budget). They said they didn't have one for the discount period (there was a discount of Rs. 30k going on then) but they would try. So we visited Pandit. They did not have a single Emotion model (but had Dynamic ones). I again got a call from sales person in BUB that they had a Red Emotion now. So we went back, booked it and told them to give me a delivery on the next auspicious day that was after a month (and also because my driving training was going to end after a month). I have purchased my car without a single test drive, as well.
    There are two funny side stories to this: 1. My wife STILL thinks Vista is the best car in the category and 2. My friend purchased an i20 after a month to my purchase (as he was convinced by the salesman at Hyundai that a Petrol i20 gives a mileage of no less than 18-19).
  10. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Well, I don't own a new Fiat as yet. Plan to buy one by Diwali!

Linea was my only choice. But I was confused on the color. This pic from TOI solved all my confusion!!! :dance

What I liked in Linea? Whatever be my mood, glimpse of a Linea brings smile on my face!! :cool:

getimage.jpg