1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The "SILVER LINE" in my life!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by dr_shiva29, Jan 7, 2011.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    well i have found the solution myself and it can be a DIY job if you have the alen key (its a different kind of screw driver in case u do not know). if you feel your door is too loose you have to adjust the lock. you can either adjust the lock on the door or the hinge on the body which holds the door onto the body. adjusting the latter is much easier.
    1. loosen both the scrrews on the hinge by moving the allen key anti clock wise.
    2. when loose, push the hinge backwards a bit.(this will solve your problem as the door will shut a bit tighter)
    3. tighten the screws a bit and check how the door shuts.
    4. if you have achieved the desired position tighten the screws completely.(or keep adjusting until you get a proper feel to the handle)

i also had the same complaint as yours and i also got the same response by the SC. but since i was not satisfied the way the doors close i found out my own way and did not bother those insensitive service people.
    hope i was able to narrate the steps properly.
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    even my driver side door was a bit misaligned. it looked as it is a notch lower than the rear door. read my previous post and you can do it yourself. move the hinge in the direction you want your door to shut properly. even the wind noise has faded a bit after i did this. try it.
  3. But when 3M installed the door window films, they did remove the panels. In fact, the latch for the passenger seat was not fixed properly after their tasks which later developed some problem (detailed in my previous posts on this thread). You might want to check this once the films are installed on your car to avoid any later concerns.
  4. Fabulous, Karan. Will give it a try tomorrow morning itself!!

5. 3M guys at Balaji Agencies,Teynampet does it without removing the door panels. They did it for my previous Linea like that when i replaced one of the door films under warranty.

Those 3M guys at Concorde & VST does it the traditional way of removing the door pads.
  6. Re: The "SILVER LINE" in my life!: Buckling The Belt

Hi Guys,

Some spicing the car up after a long time. I saw these belt pads and fell for them immediately. These do not have any functions but are there just for aesthetic reasons. These are made of elasticised cotton and have a velcon for easy fixing on the seat belts. The pads fit the seat belts like second skin and very light and flexible which do not add discomfort to the driver/passenger in any way. Some pics for you:

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

View attachment 3.jpg

View attachment 4.jpg

View attachment 5.jpg
  7. Dr Shiva, are these from eBay ? I have seen these in eBay for 7 pounds.
    I searched for these everywhere in chennai but no one had these with FIAT logo.

If from Chennai, pls let nme know the shop & price, thanks !
  8. Hi bnzjon, they are indeed from ebay. I got the delivery after 20 days and the cost was ~400 INR. You will not get these anywhere in Chennai at least.
  9. Worth it.
    Please send me the link. I wil place an order right away.
  10. Here it goes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0764169995

I paid Rs. 417.63 including shipping and might vary for you based on current currency conversion rates. In principal, I liked them. I was a bit concerned if they will fit my car's seat belts but the moment I opened the package, my worries flew away :)