Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by dr_shiva29, Jan 7, 2011.
Congrtas Dr. Shiva, the car looks great, njoy the beauty.
I would love to join and am already following the thread on trip to Yelagiri. Will see how my schedule allows.
Congrats Dr Shiva.
Just thought of sharing with you all that just now the SE informed the registration number of the car to be "543" (obviously meaning 0543) :wow
Did you ask for it ? or by chance ?
thats too good a "chance". congrats
Alright guys, finally I get some time off my otherwise hectic and boring work schedule and decided to update you all on my experences with my Silver Horse.
After the delivery on the 31st Dec, I could not spend much time with the car due to travel but once back, I immediately planned for a trip to Pondy.
On 8th Jan, I set out with a friend of mine on this beautiful and not so sunny day.I was a bit skeptical on taking the car on a highway after reading multiple but contradicting views on the run-in period. I spoke to a friend of mine who used to write programs for cars and engines and he told that taking the car on a highway will do good. He explained me the technical reasons too but everyhing went above my head Another forum member too encouraged me to take this step and thats how I ended up making my decision to visit Pondy.
Not boring you with the intricate details, following are my initial thoughts on the car on the trip:
1 Definitely sluggish!!! The difference is very prominent as I shift from petrol to diesel. I can be sure that people will honk behind me when I am shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear.
2. In cabin noise was not as much as I had expected. In fact, at one of the signal stops, I had to tip the accelerator to confirm the engine was running.
3. The seat belt warnng is a torture!!!
4. The car is a dream at 79-90 km/h. Feels like you are sailing.
5. Engine noise tends to increase at higher speed.
6. Fantastic handling. I had to negotiate some very very risky curves (the stress on risky is courtesy our lunatic intercity/interstate bus drivers) and the car did not let me down.
7. The ACC works like a charm. I have used couple of other cars but the cooling that my car provides at 25 degree celcius is much much better than others.
8. AUDIO QUALITY SUCKS!!!! (already started reading ICE threads )
9. The weight of the car is something you may not understand but feel. Driving at 70km/h, the road suddenly presented with an unmarked speed breaker, which I noticed only 10-15 metres before. Was left with only 2 options: Pump the brake pedal all the way or let the car go over the breaker. Instead I applied soft breaks thus reducing the speed of the car insignificantly and let the car go over the breaker. The car just kept grounded all this while and I felt as if I sailed over a tide. I was very very impressed and even my friend highlighted this. I am sure my hyundai would have jumped at least couple of inches off the ground.
2 more observations, for which I had action plans:
1. The front left door would not open from inside. [details here:http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1334&start=20#p26579]
2. I am yet to get used to the size of the car as I could have banged the rear bumber twice while parking: Need to get a parking sensor ASAP!!
Results of the Pondy Trip:
Excellent weather, nice drive, delicious food at a French restaurant, couple of beers and a FE of 24 km/L!!!! What else can one want
In addition to the above, I also found while driving back from Pondy that most of the drivers on road prefer to keep the high beam compared to a lower one. Shows the complete selfish nature of humans at its best.
I was able to hold my nerves for some time but at one sharp bend, the light from the opposite car was so blinding that I missed a guy by inches, walking on the road skirt in the dark!!!
I said 'do-hell-with-it' and put my high beam on. What followed next was complete comedy. Every single car in the opposite direction from that point onwards went crazy and would flash their lights frantically at me protesting to change the beam. Thats when I realized how powerful the Linea's lights must have been.
PS: As I was driving back, I saw 2 cars zap past me and they were quite prominent the way they were driving at a higher speed. One was a Punto (Red, KL registration) and another was a Palio :lol: The Palio was, simply fast! Anyone here?
Separate names with a comma.