1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire about

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Grandeur, May 25, 2010.

1. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

Has anyone bought the origianl Punto seat covers - either leather or the leatherite ones (which cost about 12K and 5.5K respectively)?

If yes, any feedback?
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I doubt... You'll find much better options if you spend 10k+ for seat covers.
  3. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune

On Saturday I had been to the showroom and had a look at the leatherite (art leather) ones which costs 5600Rs + 2000 Rs fitting. They are really good compared to the ones in other shops. Feel is like almost real leather with nice Punto logos.
    I'm planning to get them.
  4. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

For Linea it was 7200.00 & was fitted Free Of Charge. Feeling very good, will post pictures.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

FREE of CHARGE????

U meant fitting was free ??
  6. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

@ Andy

Yes It was Free. Done by the Tafe Acess the Fiat Dealer herein Coimbatore.
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

oh okie... kool mate...
  8. SKYWALKER

SKYWALKER

Delhi-NCR
    Awesome seat covers @ that price

@Coolboy,
    I am looking for good seat covers for my Linea but still contemplating on what fabric or PU or Leather or a mix. The Delhi heat is killing & I really do not want me or my family to boil inside - from top or bottom :lol: .

Whats your experience about your seat covers? They look real cool & for that mouth watering price, they are real VFM. But don't know how effectively they cool down or transfer the heat to back & bottom.

Can you please share the shop's details as well.
  9. Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

I have it. but the colors that you get are different from what's put on the website.
  10. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3

I have just gone in for seat covers from "Autoform". I got them through "Gyro automobile essentials" Motinagar New Delhi. It is the same place where I got my speakers installed. (Details in the ICE section).

Autoform makes two varieties of seat covers in Art leather. The higher range uses perforated art leather and cost 9000/=. The lower range is normal art leather and costs 6000/= (inclusive of fitting).

I opted for the lower range since it met my requirements (avoid stains on the seats while others snack!). The cover I have opted for is medium grey in single tone. This colour goes well with the existing interiors. The covers include matching covers for the headrests.

The installer was reasonably good, and he took about 3 hrs for the install, which involved removing the seats, putting the covers on, and refitting the seats.

I am satisfied with the end product. A few pictures are enclosed.

[attachment=1:3hrflzoh]driver.jpg[/attachment:3hrflzoh]

[attachment=0:3hrflzoh]driver-seat.jpg[/attachment:3hrflzoh]

PS: While I was getting the covers fitted, one of our forum members Vijayant (Axn) contacted me and came and auditioned my new speakers. I think he liked them, and is also planning to upgrade his Emo Pack.

Happy listening Axn.

Johnny