1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire about

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Grandeur, May 25, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

You're absolutely right. Tight fitting of covers is a MUST. Even slight looseness causes wrinkle which does not look good at all. It has to be "skin-tight"
  2. Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

Good ! I have them.. although it took couple of weeks for my service center to procure them
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Well my driver seat covers are getting loose now and find one or two strings unclipped.. Would take it to my guy who would fix it with those clips... Thanks to Wasan as they had to remove the seat cover during my Driver seat replacement when i got my car and those guys didnt fix it back in the right way which has led to this...
  4. VahanPujari

Mumbai

I was also afraid of seat cover getting loose when getting seat height assembly changed as they had to remove seat cover completely for drive seat. However, the work was done by Tata-Fiat vendor directly who came from Pune with the rectified parts. And I was inspecting there on top of his head & ensured that he fits it tight. THankfully, it still is as tight as ever against all expectations. Not a single sign of cover looseness in any of the seat :-D
  5. coolboy007

coolboy007 Novizio

New Delhi

These are the seat covers in my silver Linea 1.4. The complete package with fitting costed me somewhere around south of 7000 with taxes and the shop is my friend's in Kalkaji, New Delhi.

The material is pretty good, the covers were made on order as i wanted this design. The beige part is leatherite whereas the black portion is leather.

Here are the pics :

picturelinea004.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  6. Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

Great covers Coolboy :clap :clap , they go well with Linea interiors and fitting looks good too
    1 person likes this.
  7. coolboy007

coolboy007 Novizio

New Delhi

Thanks a lot for the appreciation Rishi, am glad you liked it :dance

When i was ordering it even i didnt expect that it would match ditto with the interiors but yes it does gel in well with the dual tone interiors of Linea.
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Looking nice Coolboy... I liked it..

VP: well even i was around when they replaced my seats and i clearly told the TASS techs to ensure that they fix the covers right way.. but when they installed it it was perfect but after abt 6months now i see some of the holding threads from the bottom are loose and the S clip which holds the seat cover bands below was on the floor.. I'd have to take it to the same guy who fixed the covers as he had done a good job.. My other seat covers are perfect except the drivers seat.. No worries it would be fixed soon too:)
  9. VahanPujari

Mumbai

Very good Seat Covers, Rajat. For a cost of Rs. 7,000/- its a steal I would say
  10. coolboy007

coolboy007 Novizio

New Delhi

Thanks and am glad you liked them. My friend wanted to order exact same thing for his Linea but couldnt, mine was a limited edition :mrgreen:
    Thanks Amit. Total cost of accessories in my car is 10500 - 7000 for seat covers and 3500 for 3M sunfilms.

I have never been in favour of full leathers in my cars, due the heat factor and the maintenance for them. With such seat covers, you can just wipe them dry of small stains with any cleaner.