1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire about

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Grandeur, May 25, 2010.

1. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune
    Hey guys just installed Seat covers have a look

20130901_095146.jpg 20130901_095214.jpg
    3 people like this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Seat covers looks cool dude.
    Please let us know about the deal.
  3. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune
    I bought this from Modern Car accessories from pune for 4800k. But I am not happy with fitting he said it is skin fitting but I am not sure. do you know where I can get it done in pune and what will be the cost for skin fitting
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I knew Car cupid does this job well as per Kedar. He will do this job. When you visit him just give reference of TFI. :)
  5. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune
    Hey thanks buddy do you have any idea how much he will charge for skin fitting

Sent from my GT-I9082
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Frankly speaking no idea dude. Call car cupid on 9763845000 & confirm.
  7. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I've got a weird thought. My apologies upfront if it seems silly.

Once I get my Linea I was planning for some decent seat cover (read Pure Leather) but after going through this thread I understood that to fit seat cover mostly

--> We need to stitch new seat cover over the existing one's which comes along with car OR
    --> We need to remove the one that comes with the car and stitch a new one for tight/excellent fitting

For Pure Leather it cost a whopping Rs.30k. What I am thinking is, let's use the one which comes with Car, use it VERY carefully, if it spoils try do some professional cleaning, still it doesn't works out, remove the original seat cover and go for Pure Leather/Art Leather/PU Leather based on the budget.

Also, I hope the one comes with the Car should be more comfortable than the after market one. I could see some folks are installing seat covers for their brand new cars after removing the original ones. Is it worth to do it? Please pour your suggestions.
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    The seat cover fabric gets spoilt very easily.especially the door.

I spent 25k on stanley leather very early and I think it's worth every penny as they still look new after 4.5 years. Again I would say, especially the doors.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Front seats - Go for pure leather for areas that are in direct body contact, rest match it with suitable art leather and for back seats go for art leather matching your front seats ..I did it at a cost of 18.5k and looks superb
    check my Linea MJD ownership review you will see how it looks - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/9666-hello-linea-4.html

in my earlier GP, i didn't go for seat cover, was ashamed that i couldn't keep it clean (initially i was thinking on your method, get it cleaned blah blah) it didnt work that way atleast for me !
  10. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3

@FastLove - I agree with you on door fabric. Seems you opted for pure Leather, are you taking any special care to maintain it? does it generate more heat?

@Cubbie - I saw your Linea with Black and Red stitching, it looks fabulous. Full black goes well with your Linea. On seeing your note, I have to drop my weird thought :) and opt for seat cover.
    1 person likes this.