1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire about

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Grandeur, May 25, 2010.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I got it done from Motor Concept Kirti Nagar-New Delhi.
    Cost me 3K for Steering and Gear Knob.
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
  3. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Seat covers for TW 1.3 MJD Emotion Punto

I am desperate to get aesthetic and practical seat covers for punto. Last weekend I went to a seat cover showroom in Chennai and found I have very few options for Punto compared to other cars. I didn't want the skin fit as the shopkeeper said they have to tamper with the seats. I had almost selected a beige seatcover as I saw it looked good on many cars but then when I matched with Punto's grey interiors it didnt gel with it and I was very disappointed. Finding not many threads regarding this I have started a new one. Please post your sugession on seat covers. If you can post some pics of yours that will guide me better. One basic question : Should I match covers with interior or exterior colour??
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    u can go for Autoform...u can place a order with the dealer like me...for the colour and design u want......check my link
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Seat covers fit good only when the seats are removed and fitted. Again, if you opt for the skin fit, existing seat cover in the car has to be removed for the best results. Choice of color and design is upto you to decide to your taste.

I got pure leather seat covers from Karlsson, Bangalore. Stock seat covers were removed for this leather upholstery.
    Check this link - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/interiors...hing-you-want-enquire-about-22.html#post78833

For cheaper option, go for Art leather with Ovion, Stanley or Autoform.
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    original seat covers need not be removed they are put on the original by sewing onto them...
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For skin fit seat covers and for pure leathers, the stock cover need to be removed for the best result.
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    IMHO, To get the best fit & Finish, you should get the OEM covers removed....

Getting it done over the OEM covers would be like Wearing a shirt over a shirt... for better fitting you gotta remove one to wear the other one...