1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire about

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Grandeur, May 25, 2010.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Can anyone guide me as to where can i get hand stitched steering cover(similar to OEM) for a Linea in Chandigarh\Delhi?
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Akshay is your OEM leather gone bad if not use that until it goes bad

I don't think anyone in Chandigarh can give stitching on Fiat Steering as good as OEM. All the cars I have seen with aftermarket leather on steering have bad finish in the hand grip area and near spokes.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Yday i had put touch leather to my punto(total black) from pensee bangalore. They charged me 17000/-. Fitting is very good. and my punto looks awesome with black seats. You can contact satish(9740552055). I went directly to their workshop. They will give you the good price when compared to the remaining people. And they are doing the steering covers as well. I have some steering wheels after they are putting the leather, and they are looking as factory fit.
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Can you post some pics?
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

My car was at aftersales for like 10 days,and somehow cover has worn out slightly-it might not be much for them-but i dislike it-so i was looking around-will have to check out in NCR i guess.
  6. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    These are the seat covers that i have chosen for BNW punto..as i know that i will get bored from same seat cover in a year or two so wasn't willing to spend much for them...one of my friend suggested me to go to karol bagh if i want customised, cheap and decent quality PU leather seat cover. I was really amazed to see the quality of work these guys are doing there..there were about thousands of shops which can make any design for you withing some hours...
    DSC_0145.jpg DSC_0148.jpg

The work is upto my satisfaction level,..!! :p
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  7. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Marvin has one more showroom near Isckon ,Bangalore..

The guy over there looked very professional..he offered 12.5K for my Punto for FOSS leather...

Still thinking...should I go ahead or go with Gsport...

He will also do steering leather cover...and very well..it was as good as OEM...
  8. Karol Bag paaji in delhi but beware of frauds and check the prices with them before going ahead. i did that mistake in good faith and in the end they were hell bend on charging me 550 rs for a steering cover. Still paid 350 rs. Leather quality was not that good but finish was OK .
  9. Vithal

Vithal

Bangalore
    First Anniversary Gift to my Car ...

My 1.3MJD Punto got advanced gift on the eve of first anniversary :)
    Got it done from Pensee leathers yesterday. Cost: 8K (Seat covers, steering, hand break and gear boot).

Interior is really looking nice and happy for same. :). But, would like to share my experience with Pensee Leathers.

I have been talking to Mr. Sathish and offered a descent price. It took a while to actually get the work done as I wanted, but even on the day scheduled he was absent for some urgent work. I liked their design, stiching etc. However, felt, fitting to seats (front seats to be specific) was not upto mark. His staf was reluctant to make any adjustments and asked them to hold on untill Satish comes in. As soon as he came and saw, they agreed to correct the fitting ..

Overall, I felt, staff was not so professional (not sure, if that was because it was late evening that day or is it because Mr. Satish was away). They seem like hurrying up to finish the work, leaving minor adjustments unattended. I had to call Satish today to correct some of these and he was kind enough to do that quickly.

So, my take is, its ok to go to Pensee leathers, but make sure Mr. Satish is around at scheduled time to supervise. Also, please select morning slots.

IMG058.jpg

IMG059.jpg

IMG060.jpg

IMG062.jpg

IMG063.jpg

IMG065.jpg

IMG066.jpg

IMG067.jpg

IMG068.jpg
    2 people like this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    nice seat covers vithal! what happened to stanley? they didnt offer good deal?