1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire about

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Grandeur, May 25, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Oh,only pure leather for door handles,why so???,some kind of another scandal???.
    Then,am not going to Ovion,no leather for me in any form(against cruelty to animals/animal rights activist)
    My color choice would be all black with red stitches like in Cruze,light colors get dirty pretty soon.
    Nice car and cover Prajith
  2. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Pure leather is used mainly because of its thickness and durability. Art-leather is thicker than leather and so inserting it to the arm rests and other places becomes difficult. So they prefer Pure leather. You can check with them once. Maybe they can do it with lesser quality PU that are thinner.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    No, Bala. You can very well do Armrest & door trim in art leather. Good quality PU will do the trick. THe guy who did my Linea's Seat Cover was ready to do it. Only I did not allow him. I did not want anybody to open door trims & plastic panels etc & my Linea is still completely rattle free :)
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    ramjn your seat covers are really nice. suits the car of this class.
    prajith yours are great VFM. the active interiors with all black interiors look much better than the other variants.
  5. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Karan
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    amazing quality. was there a bit darker shade in this? how much did they charge u? did they open the door handle brackets for fitting? the finish there is a bit offset
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is 1.5mm Scandinavian Leather. Yes, darker shades are available but, I liked the biege. The total cost was 30k.
    No, door handle brackets were not opened.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. narayankg

narayankg

Bangalore
    Back on TFI after ages and good to be here....+ intend to stay on this forum more regularly (not that I am on any other ;) )
    Got my seat covers done finally from Marvin leathers, Bangalore. The fit & finish is very good, but I'll let my fellow TFIans to comment once I upload the pics this evening.
  9. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    narayankg: Please include price as well
  10. narayankg

narayankg

Bangalore
    Seat Covers for my Linea Emotion Pk

Since I bought the beauty, I've been wanting to get a nice set of seat covers. Many of the months passed in the default confusion of material to go for, covering everything between Leather to fabric. Spent months researching various websites, including our very own TFI. (Thanks to all who have written about seat covers :up . I am duty bound to write my experience on TFI). During all this, I also moved to Bangalore from Hyderabad and continued my search. My decision was clear. I wanted something which:

- didn't cost as much as leather (so the Leather option was ruled out)
    - is not fabric
    - is easy to maintain and last relatively longer (my friend got PU seat covers done for his i10 and in 3 months, it started pealing !!)
    - should look good and match the magnificence of the Linea
    - within a budget of 10 - 12k

In Bangalore visited a few places in JC road, Jayanagar and one day also went to Reliance to kill time and checked the seat covers. (I would never buy from them !)

Anyways, 3 days back, was stuck at in traffic and my wife pointed out a seat cover show room on Lalbagh road - 'Marvin Lifestyle'. I immediately recollected this from pots I had read in TFI and pulled over and ended up booking my seat cover order from these guys. What struck me was:

- the guy was not the typical sales maniac who would just push his product rather than understanding your need.
    - he was knowledgeable and knew his product & my vehicle
    - gave some good recommendations without sounding pushy. Eg: He dint recommend doing the door pads with anything other than leather. Even with leather, he said, its easy for his men to do it, but that would mean a potential damage to the clips / originality of the door leading to vibration noises etc. Add to that, the class of the car and the lack of small spare parts being available across local shops, unlike a maruti.
    - gave a good deal

We selected a material called Fozz. Looks similar to Leather (including the graining on the material) but has a recron back layer instead of the nylon back layer as in the PU (the guy explained that with ordinary PU, the nylon will cause more heating and the material will start pealing over time)

The next day, went over to his factory in Vijaya bank colony, which is very close to my office & home on Bannerghatta road. It took about 4 hours for the job and viola ... my car had its valentine's gift in advance.

About the factory & crew:
    - place was small but clean
    - equipment was very good
    - the guys were professional & knew their job well
    - there was a guy who supervised every move
    - their process chain was pretty efficient
    - they let me choose the branding badge of my choice (I am not a fan of stuff thats glitters in Gold and gets into my car as an accessory)

The seat covers were quoted at 12500 and I finalised at 11k. The hand brake cover was done in Leather as a compliment.

Would highly recommend these guys if your requirement is similar to mine...and by the way, Stanley tried to push me into leather and when they figured I was not for leather, they offered similar stuff at about 15k.

Pics included. Your comments / reviews & feedback please

Regards

DSC01517 (800x600).jpg

DSC01515 (800x548).jpg

DSC01519 (800x600).jpg

DSC01520 (800x600).jpg

DSC01518 (800x600).jpg

DSC01523 (800x600).jpg

DSC01528 (800x600).jpg

DSC01527 (800x600).jpg
    11 people like this.