1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire about

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Grandeur, May 25, 2010.

1. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Re: GP's Seat Cover

Arvind and Ravi , Thank u for the suggestions.

found this in their website...

Near Eshwara Temple,
    Kumarans school Road,
    Doddakallasandra, Kanakpura Main Road,
    Bangalore
    Phone:+919886394638,+919740552055,
    email : support@penseeleathers.com
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Keshav, Talk to Pensee, give my reference and try to negotiate as much you can. The guy name is Satish.
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

i didnt go for the leather stuff as i spoil it soon.. Went for the dummy type leather seat covers... I paid 3200 with fitting and its very decent... will try and post some pics soon.
  4. zincmetal

zincmetal

Bengaluru

I got it done at Pensee long back art + pure leather, I also got done steering wheel cover(pure leather) a guy from Ovion did it for me..both including costed me 10k...streeing wheel wrap came out real nice....
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Am Keen in getting the steering cover done.. Probably i'll get it done from the guy where Grandeur did it.. It looks neat and you still dont loose that Hump on the wheels which is very nice...
  6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

my puntosnappa leather seat covers

[attachment=2:1464m41y]DSC006140001.JPG[/attachment:1464m41y]
    [attachment=1:1464m41y]DSC006150001.JPG[/attachment:1464m41y]
    [attachment=0:1464m41y]DSC006170001.JPG[/attachment:1464m41y]

DSC006140001.JPG

DSC006150001.JPG

DSC006170001.JPG
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Andy, you have e-pack, which already have steering leather cover, why are doing on that?
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Seat Covers are one of the important accessories car buyers consider immediately on buying a car. There are broadly 3 types basis the material used:

1. Fabric Seat Covers:

Fabric Seat Covers are for those who likes simplicity & the soft feel of fabric. It does not get warm like Leather or art leather covers (though advent of new leather materials now prevents them getting warm). If you've small kids you may want to avoid fabric Seat Covers as they become dirty & have to be removed for washing which becomes cumbersome at times.

2. Artificial Leather/ PU Leather:

Popularly know as Art Leather, these covers have sort of best of both the worlds - Its economical & easy to clean/ maintain. However, there are lots of different materials & it makes sense to check & compare materials beforehand. Add this to the fly-by-night operators & you can get Art leather seat covers ranging from Rs. 1000-odd to above-Rs. 20,000 range. The artificial leather gives leather-like feel, looks very good & easy to maintain. The other/advanced version of it is PU (Polyurethane) Leather.

There are also combination of pure leather & art leather seat covers wherein the middle portion of seat base & back rest are made of pure leather where body touches seat & the rest portion is made of art leather. There are organized manufacturers also like Autoform, Orchid, Stanley etc which provides good quality Art Leather options. However, if you can identify good quality art leather, the best bet is the local seat cover shops where you can also customize it. For newbies to seat covers, its advisable to go thro' references for such local operators. You can get best deals in this range.

3. Pure Leather:

Pure Leather Seat Covers are connoisseur's delight. If you have a taste & really want to spend, this is THE type of Seat Covers. Pure Leather covers are costlier i.e. above Rs. 15-20,000 & the upward range could be as high as you would like to spend :mrgreen: . As they are quite costlier, it makes sense to go for organized sector instead of local operators. You obviously want THE BEST when you fork out such huge money. Karlsson & Stanley are 2 top most manufacturers of Pure leather covers. Again, there are different materials like Nappa/ Scandinavian leather etc. The other brands are Orchid, Pensee etc

You can post pics of your car's Seat Covers with details like material & cost on this thread. This will be useful to the other members to select the seat cover & ask for the vendor details, cost details etc etc.

I'll start with mine in below post
  9. Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

I think Autoform and G-Sports deal in Art leather and not pure leather.
    1 person likes this.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

I think Autoform also has some pure leather options though they're best known for art leather & combination of pure & art leather types