1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire about

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Grandeur, May 25, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

No buttons at the back??,well,where will you hide all the money then??!
    Any how guys,please spare the animals and avoid usung leather.You can change your art leather seat cover every year for the 30K spent on onetime leather seat cover,to be used for the whole life span of the car.You can have varieties and different colour combos for a lesser price with art leather.
    I have heard horror stories of slaughtering even pregnant cows(which had developed a fracture following a fall and healing that would involve expenses.Also the old cows.which had all along provided milk for the owner(starving it's calf)are also sent to slaughter house,cruel.So,please avoid leather.Mods,excuse for the offtopic.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Mods , can we Please make this Specific post as a Sticky.

Bala, i salute you Sir. :clap

::T
    kedarbendre likes this.
  3. SKSy_Biker

SKSy_Biker

Bangalore

Based on punto-er's experience I too am going for Marvin. Went to the showroom yesterday and booked an appointment for installation tomorrow morning. I'll update the pictures and experience once done.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

I find the original linea seat covers to be very good, its comfortable, soft and goes well. If given a opportunity i would again for same :)
    Though leather looks good, but i feel original ones are better :)
  5. redbull

redbull

Bangalore

Seems Karlsson is going to peel off the original fabric. :?: And I inquired with FIAT, the best one they have do not have rear split seat combination !!! Ya I m in a fix now. I have had situations earlier where I paid a good amount only to end up disliking the extra detailing than the original. :-|
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore

Ya man I must confess I am a bit uncomfortable with animal hide, but I use it anyway unknowingly sometimes - my belt, shoes, wallet and what not. Anyway Bala, good to know you had the courage to voice your point of view. I guess this is a politically sensitive issue, and people in general like to keep secular credentials.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

Ya,correct Redbull,but I never thought care for animals would hurt religious sentiments,my view point was purely on say,humanitarion grounds and ethical treatments of animals.I thought caring for four legged creatures was secular by any yardstick and these days a lot of people are avoiding leather poducts irrespective of their religion.Even in my religion,even my folks at home actually pray to God with meat food on platter in front of Deities on two particular festivities,but we can only have our view points and not enforce them on others.Mods,again excuse for going offtopic.
    Again,avoiding leather products was merely on grounds of sympathy and compassion for fellow living beings and not on religious grounds.After all,do people feel good,when there would be a feeling like sitting on a cow,with leather seats in the car??
    I help animal's cause in the little ways I could,like providing water and food for street dogs,donating little money for blue cross,etc.
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore

Yesterday I was able to click a snap from a Ford Fiesta.. factory fitted leather seat cover.

IMG00033-20110129-1252.jpg
  9. Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

Guys i am planning to get my seat covers/speakers done this weekend. Any suggestions for good shops near Delhi/Gurgaon where i can get this done.....
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

i strongly support bala. though i do not have the money to go for leather seats but even if i had i would NEVER have gone for it. killing an animal just to make your car looking better is not my idea. if i could afford i will go for artificial leather even if costs more. i will be happy if i turn down a potential leather buyer. i avoid leather wherever i can. i request my fellow members to show some responsibility please. i hope i have not offended anyone. i was just trying to speak on behalf of the speechless four legged animal.
    1 person likes this.