1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire about

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Grandeur, May 25, 2010.

1. Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

Extremely sorry don't have a camera with me at the moment. If i can find a camera i'll surely click and post. They look like the ones on T-JET.

See this post http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=973&start=20#p16052

Except for the vertical line design it has small holes in those places and Linea written in white just below headrest other than that it's the same.
  2. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

Could anyone suggest , which colour seatcovers will best go with my medium grey punto 1.3 epk. ? ,
    I am in favour of full black with red stiching , but family members says it will be too dark inside the cabin ,
    Beige should be OK ? will it match to black+ grey interiors ?
    Light grey is not appealing , though it matches to interiors .
    pls. suggest imm.
    Atul
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

biege will look roomy but will get dirty easily. what i have done in my medium grey punto is biege + black combo.
    biege where you sits and the back support area. Black in rest of the seat. take a loot at the snaps
    [attachment=2:2ewxby7y]IMG_7286.jpg[/attachment:2ewxby7y]
    [attachment=1:2ewxby7y]IMG_7344.jpg[/attachment:2ewxby7y]
    [attachment=0:2ewxby7y]IMG_8460.JPG[/attachment:2ewxby7y]

IMG_7286.jpg

IMG_7344.jpg

IMG_8460.JPG
  4. Re: GP's Seat Cover

Hey, I got my seats done by Karlsson few months back. The quality of leather and fitting is teriffic. I'm very happy with the seats. Will upload some pics this weekend. These are not seat covers. They strip the original seat and replace it with leather inorder to get a good fit. Prices are more economical compared to Stanley, whereas quality is better than Stanley. They use Scandanavian Leather which he imports, not the local cattle leather which many use.
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Re: GP's Seat Cover

Will look forward to see the pictures. Even I got Orchis done in my car (http://www.orchis.in/), I'm happy with fit and finish and the price is reasonably good. I myself haven't share the pics yet ;). Will do that soon.
  6. Re: GP's Seat Cover

Some pics

[attachment=3:1tufl4ba]IMG_2796_1.JPG[/attachment:1tufl4ba]
    [attachment=2:1tufl4ba]IMG_2798_1.JPG[/attachment:1tufl4ba]
    [attachment=1:1tufl4ba]IMG_2800_1.JPG[/attachment:1tufl4ba]
    [attachment=0:1tufl4ba]IMG_2801_1.JPG[/attachment:1tufl4ba]

IMG_2796_1.JPG

IMG_2798_1.JPG

IMG_2800_1.JPG

IMG_2801_1.JPG
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Re: GP's Seat Cover

Too good, loved the fit and finish. how much it costed?
  8. Re: GP's Seat Cover

28K... for the seats, door panel and hand brake lever cover. Touch area on the seat is perforated leather. These are 1.6mm thick full grain leather. The best thing at Karlsonn's is he has full lengths of leather on display and he uses the same to sitch up your seats. These i found to be cheaper than 1.2-1.3 mm thick leather that Stanley provides for automotive seat upholstery.
  9. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

Guys, can you tell me what are slip on covers and what are custom fit? I guess slip on oones are not stiched right?

Also what type of seat covers involves replacing the existing original seat covers and installing new ones as opposed to stitching new ones on the existing covers?

Can I get the existing covers removed and new ones installed from FIAT itself? what would be the pro's and con's of the same.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Replacing the existing original seat covers and installing new ones will give you best fit. This is called custom fit.
    Fiat's (or any covers from manufactures) will be of slip-on.
    1 person likes this.