1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire about

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Grandeur, May 25, 2010.

1. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

Is is better to go for Custom Fit covers , or just slip on type ?
    Which offers better comfort ?
    Can custom fit covers be removed /replaced later ?

After looking the quality of fitting I am in favour of custom fit ,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachmen ... 000429.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachmen ... 000431.jpg

Atul
  2. Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

I got mine done by Cerelli, with butter scotch my Punto Looks amazing from inside.

-Sat
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

The slip on types will leave a sag and with time start looking baggy. The OEM fit or custom fit looks better aesthetically. One can't judge the comfort level though. Custom covers can be replaced with another custom cover but you won't be able to use the original covers as the fitter would've removed the OEM support strips.
  4. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

Delhi

how do i knw the difference between leatherite and leather i am getting custom fit leather cover from Autokraft delhi. He is saying italian leather for 22k, i wonder how can i tell the difference.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

hey guys, just wanted to ask, whats the best method to cleaner to use for clearing the leather seats for the TJET ??
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

i have ordered the Genuine seat covers Classic Seat Cover Beige (Leather & PU Combination) - Mrp - 11640.
    They charge separately for fitting. this is skin tight fit which are stitched to the seats directly.

i am wondering how these are as i wasnt able to see them. has anyone experienced these?
    Other suggestions than these are most welcome. but i want to stay away from those art leather - nappa sorts which start chipping within few months
  7. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

@italialinea frm where did u ordered it , do post snaps during and after installation . --Atul
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune

it must be available at all dealerships. its genuine fiat accessory - part no 59089377 MRP: RS.11640
  9. Re: The Seat Cover Thread- Everything you want to enquire ab

@Italia-Linea I installed the same ones but i don't think i was charged for fitting, let me hunt for my bill i'll confirm in the evening. They are not stitched but pulled over the seats. I've had these ones for about 8 months now and nothing is chipping off although the sitting area tends to turn blue-black due to jeans rubbing against it. I've managed to clean them with good old colin with good results.
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune

can you please post the pics of your seat covers? thanks