1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Scarlet Beauty - 90 HP Sports

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by pv_krish, Oct 5, 2014.

1. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I changed my tyres to Michelin P3ST last Friday since I was travelling to Kollimalai, which is a small hill station near salem (will write a travelogue about it soon). I did not want to risk taking the car with had side wall punctures (though fixed) in both its rear tyres.

Total cost, including wheel balancing and alignment and the exchange for the old tyres came to 24K. I went in for the stock profile, 195/60 R15. I must say the tyres are silent and I can feel the difference in the ride. Though on the higher side of the cost, the tyres are really good. Have already done around 800 KMS in the new tyre, highways, ghat roads and bad roads and I should say I am happy with the tyres.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Last weekend did a first solo trip to B'lore and the michelin tyres made a lot of difference. I could feel the car being better on rough roads in terms of taking the hit at certain places. The grip was superb and noise, I could hear only the wind noise. I do not know how tyres can be so silent.

Over all it was a fun drive, me, my car and myself :happy:. And I have crossed 20K kms 2 months before 2 years.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Have bees using shell diesel for the last 2 times, the mileage has increased and so has the pickup and engine smoothness.

Do not understand why the service guys were against this. The engine seems more refined now.
    prabhjot likes this.