1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Saga Continues: My BN White Dynamite

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by N Kiran, Nov 17, 2013.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thank you Pradeep. Congratulations for choosing one of the best cars available in the market. Wish you many happy (s)miles.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Kiran, no updates from you for quite some time !
  3. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    I have returned from a trip to Munnar last Sunday. I am composing a travelogue regarding the same.
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Anna,

How is your dynamite, seems like Linea keeping you more busy than punto :)
  5. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    My 1500th Post on TFI. :happy:

Here's an update on my Dynamite.

Wolf team visited Hyderabad around a month ago and I got the maps updated, twice. Now the lower end has improved a lot and the adrenaline rush has gone up a notch even in busy city traffic conditions. But, being me, I asked Rajiv if I could get something more aggressive. He said that he needs atleast a day to try different combinations and customize the maps to my liking. Since that was not possible, we agreed that we would arrange something that they have enough time to spend on my car and customize it. Looking forward for that day.

Car has clocked close to 30k kms as on today. Got my 3rd free service done at Butta Automative. The experience was not so nice as the driver who came to deliver my car at my work place has broken the rear view camera monitor that was mounted on to the IRVM. Escalated to the SC but there wasn't any positive response. They also over charged me Rs.500 for adjusting the door rattling issue, which I never complained. Got another monitor installed for 2.5k, which was dash mounted. It stopped working suddenly after a week. Went to the accessories guys and the technician after checking the wiring and all concluded that the monitor has to be replaced. Since the monitors were not in stock, they advised me to come again on a later date.

After the check and while returning home, I sensed that there was something wrong as the car was jerking on acceleration. Once I reached home, I stopped the car and started again after a minute. The check engine warning light was being lit. After few trials, switched the map to stock and tried again. But the result was same.

I contacted Rajiv from Wolf moto and explained him the situation and he suspected the MAF sensor or the wiring to be the culprit. Decided to take the car to SC the next day.

Next morning the car wouldn't start. After several attempts the car started and I drove directly to Ankitha motors to try finding the issue. While driving the car, I also noticed that the Speedometer was not working and the ODO paused at 29k+. The technician at Ankitha connected the examiner and said that the MAF sensor error was showing up and the sensor should be cleaned and checked and if it doesn't work then it has to be replaced. Regarding the speedometer he said that the gear has gone kaput and has to be replaced aswell. The technician said that the car can be driven with the error as it wasn't a major issue. Since Ankitha was at the verge of closing down and they had no spares available, I tod them that I would come back on the weekend and asked them to procure the spares OTC from other dealers.

The same day in the afternoon I received a mail from FCA group that Ankitha has officially been discharged as a Fiat dealer. I waited for a day to confirm and then I was left with no choice but to go to Butta again. I was a bit hesitant to approach them from the experience I had a week earlier from them.

But this time, I was lucky. The technician assigned to me was Arif who is a well known guy back from my Alto days. The GM of the Service also was at the showroom whom I escalated the issues during the service and he assured me that they will take care that this won't be repeated again. He also introduced me to Mr.Raju ASM of Butta who was quite courteous and listened to all my complaints and suggestions.

In the meanwhile Arif has nailed the issue and was found that the technician at the accessories forcefully closed the fuse box lid with a wire still hanging in there and this resulted loss of power supply due to which a 7.5A fuse has blown. This fuse was related to both the MAF sensor and the speedometer. He replaced the fuse and Voila the Dynamite is back to its glory. The issue was sorted within half an hour but the billing and delivery of the car took another 1.5hr. Disappointed to wait for that long, though I had enough time to interact with the staff there and also had our own member Rudresh to keep me company. I was equally elated that the issue was sorted successfully. I left the SC after paying Rs.80.

Have a small roundtrip of around 600kms to Vijayawada planned in the coming weekends. Also attending a college reunion at Araku Valley (near Vizag/Vishakapatnam), where I plan to drive, which would add another 1.5k - 2k kms on the ODO.
    PradeepM likes this.