1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Saga Continues: My BN White Dynamite

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by N Kiran, Nov 17, 2013.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    3640 kms First Free Service Update

It has been 1 month and 3 weeks since I got the Dynamite home. Have clocked 3460kms so far. 2200kms of which came from the city drive and 1440kms from the Gokarna - Hampi trip.

Before going to the trip along with my buddies from TFI, I promised my wife a holiday in the month of Jan. As promised I am taking my family for a long weekend trip to Kodaikanal.

This trip would burn the tarmac for around 2200kms, which would mean that I would overshoot the First Service Schedule and I donot want this to be a reason for denial of any of the warranty claims that I might have to do in the coming 5 years. So, I decided to get her First free service done.

Called Butta Automotives yesterday, for a Service Appointement for today and they promptly booked it. Left the car at the SC this morning while coming to the office. I had 2 issues, which were attended to and got them resolved.

Issues:
    1. Boot lid not unlocking manually by using the key - Resolved (Lubricated the locking mechanism).
    2. Front driver side washer nozzle not spraying water with required pressure - Resolved (Replaced the faulty nozzle)

I have asked them to check and top-up if required, all the fluid levels and in-addition to that, I have asked them specifically not to get the car washed or the wheel alignment done. But being a Fiat SC, they always mess up in one way or the other and they have done the wheel alignment.
    It would have been better if they wahsed it instead. Anyways, I will get the Alignment done outside again.

Total Cost for First Free Serivice : Rs. 0/-

Will be leaving for Kodaikanal early in the morning tomorrow.
    1 person likes this.
  2. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    5850 kms Update - One long Journey

Back from a long 2200kms trip to Kodaikanal. The ODO now stands at ~5850kms.

Driving on NH7 is pure bliss and I am looking forward for another excuse to get on those awesome roads again.

Stats:

Distance A : 2192.3 kms
    FE : 13.2 km/l
    Average Speed : 66 km/h
    Time : 33 hrs

Distance B : 1052 kms
    FE : 14.3 km/l
    Average Speed : 78 km/h
    Time : 13 hrs 26 mins
    drknaresh, ramjn and aruncep like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What is the distance B? Is that the return trip from Kodai to Hyd?
    Also, which ghat section did you take to reach Kodai? Batlagundu-Kodai or Palani-Kodai?

Expecting a detailed travelogue from you. :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I believe the trip B is return and via Batlagundu.

Kiran seems to have a heavy right foot for the mileage he has got during the trip :p
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    You mean "Kiran ke paav (leg) bhari ho gaye " :p :p :p
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, I meant a heavy foot. Corrected my post too :p
  7. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Distance B is from the hotel we stayed at Kodai till my parking lot in Hyderabad. I took the Batlagundu - Kodai ghat as mentioned by Krishna. Its 48kms till I hit the Highway. It took 1.5 hr for climbing the ghat at night and while coming back it took 1hr 15mins.

I am not very good at writing or photgraphy. But I will try to do my best. I have many pics but since it was a family holiday, I have very few pics to share on the forum.

You bet. Punto or Linea, I get the same FE in city and on highways. If we forget the FE, the driving pleasure that I get everytime I am behind the wheel is priceless.

- - - Merged Post - - -

LOL. Kiran ke paun, bhaari the, bhaari hai aur bhaari rahenge :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes of course, more so if its a Tjet. But alas, wifey was against the Tjet when I picked up the Linea MJD.
  9. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    And I am thankful that my wifey was against T-jet aswell and I am saved from bankrupcy :D
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Nkiran+TJet = 4 kmpl. I told him this many times.

He would need atleast 10 Ltrs of petrol for his daily office<<>>home commute.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014