1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Saga Continues: My BN White Dynamite

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by N Kiran, Nov 17, 2013.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, keep it on topic. Let's talk about Kiran's beautiful Linea only.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone10
    2 people like this.
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Wow Kiran, that is a nice surprise.... Congrats....
    1 person likes this.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thanks again to each one of you. Please give me some time, before I can pen down my whole experience.
    I will try to have a photo session and will definitely post a lot of pics too.
    Before that, let me answer some of your queries.

My Linea is June 2012 Manufactured and the VIN ends with FLZ. (H 18 kms)

Last year, I was in a similar situation and I almost ended up selling my Punto for 4.4 Lakhs.
    That Linea was not meant for me and I missed the oppurtunity. But this Linea, had my family's name written all over it.

My wife fell in Love with this car, as soon as she saw it. Not that she was seeing Linea for the first time, but I believe there was some connection.
    We have checked out a Black Linea Emotion earlier as I wanted only a black car and she wasn't that impressed. (Personal opinion)

My wife was adamant that I get this car delivered on 17th Nov at any cost, being the most auspicious day of the month (Karthika Pournami)
    For the first time, my wife was more excited than me for the new car.

Immediately after delivery, went to a tyre dealer and exchanged the Appollo Acelers with Yokohama AVS DB 550s.
    Got the pooja done in the evening and cleaned the car immediately after getting back to home. Unfortunately, there were lot of haldi marks all over the car which were not being removed after a wash too.
    Went straight to 3M this morning and spent half a day to get rid of the marks and also the Paint sealant done.
    Looks fab now!!

I can do proper justification on the difference felt between Punto and Linea only after cloking some more kms. This saturday I have planned a drive to Vijayawada which would be a round trip of ~600 kms, if everything goes well and according to plan.

So far I see that the car feels a bit heavy (obviously) and the steering is a bit lighter. The best part is I could still manage to park the car in my cramped parking spot at home, which many said was impossible. (will post the pic and you guys will realise what I am talking about)

My wife is complaining that I am driving the Linea as my Punto and Linea is supposed to be driven differently. I didnot understand what she actually meant. :D

The OTR price is 9 lakhs.

As said earlier, this is not the whole story. Will try to post as detailed review as I can, pretty soon. And ofcourse with loads of pics.

P.S: After I finish my complete review and post it, I would like to delete all the OT posts from this thread. I hope, that no one would mind it and would understand my intention. Time to update my profile.

Cheers!!
    Kiran
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Kiran, sorry if I had missed the window but if u dun mind is there any specific reason u went for linea n sold off gp?
  5. venky1957

venky1957 Novizio

Kumbakonam/Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    KL-Mollywood
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    This certainly is a post that should have been on off topic thread, but has landed up in an ownership thread.

@Kiran: Sorry could not resist this. Please add this post to the clean up when the activity happens.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I sold the GP to my uncle (for Rs.100/- for the time being). Technically, I am no longer the owner, but the car is still in my family. I am looking forward for the day when I will have both the beauties in my garage (parking lot). BTW, if I were not buying the Linea, I would have bought an S10 this weekend, another missed oppurtunity.

The reason to go for Linea is my wife and many good friends. :)
    I will elaborate on this in my review. Please bear with me. :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I heard beer party :D

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks mate, no problem. Ill wait up for your write up.
  10. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Dear Kiran, congratulations to you and your family!! :) Linea looks stunningly gorgeous be it day or night, autumn or spring, ghats or highways, sea shore or icy Ladakh !