1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Restoration Tale of Legendary FIAT Palio S10 #482

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by kedarbendre, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am facing the issue with Frong RHS brake of the car.

I can hear khar khar sound and culprit is protective plate behind the brake disc. Pandit Auto worked on this issue twice and still issue reappears after driving for 50-100kms.

Pandit guys suggested to remove that protective cover to get rid of this sound & I dont want remove it.

Is there any other resolution to get rid of this issue. :(
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Kedar, Pandit mechanic used a spanner to increase the distance between the cover and disc by applying some force, in case of my Punto. the issue never reappeared, touchwood. applying force by hand carefully can also do the trick.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @platinumshine yes they already tried this solution and I think it need to be once again and with some force as well. I will get it checked @ Pandit on Saturday.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    The culprit was faulty brake disc.

I ordered 2 brand new brake discs and brake pads from Mumbai which saved around Rs. 2000.

At FASS disc price is Rs. 1440 & brake pad price is Rs. 2080. I bought disc and brake pads for Rs. 2800.

Once the new brake discs and pads fixed on my S10 then I will get rid of that screeching noise.

Stay tuned...:happy:
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    This is not true bro. The 1581 and 1596 generate exactly the same power given almost the same volumetric efficiency.
    The siena was fitted with 1581cc on a 16bit ecu. When we put the same engine on the palio we use the 1596 cam shaft sensor and knock sensor and most importantly we use the same 32 bit ecu from the palio with same 1596cc fuel curves. The most important thing is that after fitting the 1581 you need to advance the timing to make this engine run better.
    The 1581 is a gem of a engine with big bore and short stroke which gas bigger valves and higher valve lift. Fiat discontinued it only due to pollution norms.
    With a good remap more fuel can be dumped through the bigger valves and with timing advance this engine should perform very good. A short stroke will be revv happy engine
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am looking forward for tyre upgrade for my Palio S10.

Currently I have Apollo Accelere 185 60 R14 with OEM alloys. I am looking forward for 185 60 R15 with 15" Linea steel rims.

Is it possible to fit 185 60 15 on steel rim of Linea which uses 195 60 15 as OEM size.
    How much ground clearance will increase after upgrading to 15" rims.
    What are the pros and cons for this upgrade.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yesterday my S10 got new shoes and I stick to the 185 60 R14 tyre size at the moment. Got Apollo Alnac 4G for S10 and ride become smooth compared earlier Accelere.

As monsoon is on the way fitted rubber mudflaps to rear bumper which look cool. Ordered it from Flipkart and quality is good.

On Monday swapping Punto alloys with Palio and will drive it for few days.
    mchanna, prabhjot and varoon9999 like this.
  8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    req price at which you got 4G's for.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Bought it for Rs. 3762 each.
  10. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    thats a really good price. the same size tires, i had toshell out 4500/- each(04), continental CC5, wherein apollo was for around 4100 here in kochi!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.