1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Restoration Tale of Legendary FIAT Palio S10 #482

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by kedarbendre, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi_hitendrapatil

hi_hitendrapatil Novizio

Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratus Kedar Bhai!!!! Palio in yellow looks stunning..
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thank you Hitendra and I hope S10 is be in top notch condition soon. :cigar:
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    dadasaheb and asimpleson like this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ghodlur not at all.

I will be repainting the car however I wont change color.

I will retain the yellow shade which looks good and exclusive to S10.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    mchanna, prabhjot, asimpleson and 2 others like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @kedarbendre, for authentic Canary Yellow (to avoid deviations that is) you could refer to the colour code mentioned here.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Asim thank you so much for the information. However repainting is not on priority and planned to completed after engine swap and other mechanical parts replacement.

May be December 2015.
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. shk 8896

shk 8896 Timido

Calicut
    Hi Kedar,

I've spent considerable amount of time researching about S10s. Therefore I suggest you not to go for a complete engine swap. The Siena engine which is available option is not the best for S10s. First of all Siena 1.6 is a 1581cc engine with 16 bit ECU and cam should be retrofitted for that engine. Since its a different engine, engine mounts will also have to be altered. Then after that, you will have the paper work hassles and will be a huge problem while reregistering the car after the 15 year period. And finally, the S10s charecter will be lost and will become a yellow Palio after that.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    There is one S10, one old Siena & one Advy 1.6 running on 1581cc Siena’s BS2 engine (After engine swap). You just need to change the clutch assembly and rest is direct fit.

I won’t be working on existing engine of S10 as I am afraid how reliable it will be after repair, so after discussing with many experts here in Pune right from our Forum and my friends from FIAT India I planned to swap the engine.

1581cc engine is big bore short stroke engine which goes well with short gear ratios of S10.
  9. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

I'm sorry kedar but 1581 engine makes worse power than 1596 despite having a big bore and short stroke engine. The 1581 engine is a generation older.

Below is a pic comparing power and torque curves of 1581 engine and 1596 engine. The picture of power curve of 1596 engine was taken by me from a Fiat India Service Manual for the Palio 1.6.

Its very clear that above 1500rpm the 1596 engine makes more power everywhere. Torque curves have different steps so its a bit tough to compare.

dT1aNcQ.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    mahesh.bandel and kedarbendre like this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    The S10 is back with new lower arms and steering rack. The drive became smooth and I enjoy driving it more than before.
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.