1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Restoration Tale of Legendary FIAT Palio S10 #482

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by kedarbendre, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    A quick service

1. Engine oil change
    2. Fuel Filter
    3. Air Filter
    4. Oil Filter
    5. Coolent change after radiator flush.
    6. Ignition coil change
    7. Throttle body clean

And s10 is behaving very well with excellent pickup and smooth power delivery.

This will keep the restoration on hold for next few months. Next part will be changing suspension set up.
    1 person likes this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    May be tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning I will be visiting Pandit Auto, Bavdhan to check my S10's AC related issues.

Need to check AC leakage, AC Gas refill & looking for a center console of the dashboard with headunit compartment & digital clock. If price for center unit is high then I may look other options as well.
  3. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Kdar ... And basically its a S10 and has to be proud feeling for any owning this car , But how can Cost of new engine be just Rs 55000/- ???
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes the price of Engine is Rs. 55k and 2 of friends got this engine in their car. Palio and Palio Adventure.

The decision of getting new engine is on hold at the moment and we will be working on existing and we may order bare engine instead full engine assembly.

Believe me guys the power from 1.6 FIAT Engine is so addictive and it continue to impress you till 7500 RPM.
  5. swiftnfurious

swiftnfurious Timido

Kerala
    Where do you order the engine from? And is it a brand new engine or sourced from a used market or something?
  6. shk 8896

shk 8896 Timido

Calicut
    New engine can be ordered from KAWA motors, AFAIK. But the problem is that that engine is actually Siena weekend engine and different from the GTX/S10/Adventure engine. Experts like Nimish can clear the doubts. :)

Cheers,
    Sreehari
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    2 people like this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Updating thread with some photos. Clicked after body wash at home using Eagle One Nano Wash N Wax and Eagle one quick one step spray wax.

2e9y5ehe.jpg
    enegepav.jpg
    sepu5ate.jpg
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
    5 people like this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Is it possible to fit Punto/Linea’s front break assembly to Palio S10?

I know few of us upgraded S10’s breaks with Palio Adventure breaks.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Today the first phase of restoration completed, thanks to Italia Linea for offering his Palio almost brand new tyres for my Palio.

Earlier my S10 had tube type tyres and now she is running on tubeless Apollo Accelere 185 65 14 profile and ride became very smooth.

Next phase is to change the headlight and Suspension setup.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.