1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Restoration Tale of Legendary FIAT Palio S10 #482

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by kedarbendre, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Good to see you on TFI and you are welcome on TFI. I paid around half a lakh for my S10 and expecting 60k expenses on restoration.
  2. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Late to respond . Congrats Kedar !!! It's a lovely car. Perhaps I have seen it . Is the dealer located near the canal , on way to Magarpatta city ? I was glued to this car on my way to office until one day , it disappeared !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It kind of blows the mind, how FIAT was so bold 12 yrs back with such cars. GTX/S10 were nothing less of Sports cars compared to other offerings in the market at that time, those 50-60 Bhps Honda & bla bla:D. It really gives a terrible feeling to see today's offerings.

I am sure, It will be as fast as any other modern car on the road, congrats!!
    1 person likes this.
  4. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Keep Posting Kedar.. would like to see a one more S10 coming to its original AVATAR.
    kedarbendre likes this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    You got it Shri. The S10 disappeared from there and appeared in my parking.
  6. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    That's great !! So it appeared at the right place .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kedarbendre likes this.
  7. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Late to reply. But Congratulations Kedar. You are really living your dream. Though the time and money spent for restoration will be huge. But then anything can be given away to fulfill our dreams.
    1 person likes this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thanks Mitesh.

Yeah dream to own a legend S10 is completed and I will be the most happiest man once my S10 will be restored to its lost glory. :up
    1 person likes this.
  9. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Kedar good going, keep it up. Just make sure you spend wisely and concentrate on the mechanical bits first. Exteriors should be your least priority at the moment. Please keep us posted about the development of your restoration. Very eager to see it in full glory.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Update:

Ravi, Pragal & myself had a detailed discussion about the restoration project and we decided that instead of spending money to repair/service the existing engine we will order a brand new engine which will cost around Rs. 55,000. :dance

We worked on estimated expenses to service existing engine of my S10 (92,000 on odo) and it is around Rs. 30,000.

So it is wise decision to get the brand new engine and not to worry for next 5-10 years. :up

Now the Project is on hold and will start saving for new engine and few other things of the car.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.