1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Restoration Tale of Legendary FIAT Palio S10 #482

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by kedarbendre, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Thank Sunnyboi.

Can you please upload few pictures of your S10 exteriors and interiors close shots. ::T
    1 person likes this.
  2. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations. The S10 is a beast; I enjoyed every moment of it when I got a chance to drive one last year. I am sure it can give cars like the City a run for their money when it comes to slingshot at traffic lights
    :redcar
    Take good care of her and she wont disappoint you :)

Wishing you many happy miles with your first luv! Keep the thread alive

Cheers
    1 person likes this.
  3. autowierdo

autowierdo Amatore

Pune
    Congratzzz Kedar for the rare gem...love the car. Many miles munching in new beast.
    1 person likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thank you so much guys for the word of appreciation and encouragement. :up

FIAT Palio S10 is rare gem and I am feeling lucky that I own one. There is very limited information available over the internet and I will try to write down as much as possible information in this thread along with restoration story of my Palio S10.

The S10 was launched in 2002 & only 500 units were manufactured with special badge (people call it billa) with numbers from 1 to 500. I own Palio S10 Billa No. 482. :cool:

Engine:

1596cc DOHC 4 cylinders
    16 valves engine with 32 bit ECU
    100hp@5500rpm. 140nm torque @4250rpm
    It is one of the many jewels in Fiat's crown. The right power at right RPMs makes it perfect balance of torque and BHP of this 1.6 Torque Engine from FIAT.

Build Quality

FIAT Palio is built like tank and typical European Car.

Palio is still heavier than most of the modern hatchbacks, sedan and weighs 1080kg. Being a heavy car Palio is well composed car which reflects in driving dynamics of the Car.

Personally I love the safe and solid feeling of the car & my car is around 10 years old and thud sound from the door is still present which makes build to last.
    When it was launched back in 2002 Indian Automobile market was immature to understand the Palio as it is B+ segment car & people were comparing it with tin boxes like Zen, Santro.

Limited Edition

Canary Yellow color
    Side skirts & a beautiful & sporty rear spoiler specially designed for S10
    Great looking 14” alloys (remember most of the car were available with 13” steel wheel in last decade)
    S10 badges all over on exteriors and interiors with India’s first signature car with little master’s signature on bonnet, quarter panels, special S10 badges on C Pillers & on boot lid.
    All this special theme means the car is a limited edition car in the true sense nothing like so called limited editions from leading car companies in India. (I hate Swift RS)

Interiors

Smashing design theme is carried over to interiors as well and car’s interiors are like build to last. Silver finish on center console and side AC vents makes the interiors fresh however seat fabric and fabric on door panel makes the interiors dull however some aftermarket leather upholstery will do wonders.
    The dash is tilted towards the driver - I just love that & aluminum pedals enriches the sporty theme inside.
    The driving position and rear seat comfort is better than Punto and Linea in Palio and steering to food pedals position is just perfect.
    Gear shifts are way smoother than Punto and Linea and it comes with gear lock for reverse gear. S10 has different gear ratios than other 1.6 Palio and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] & 4[SUP]th[/SUP] gears are different for meaty mid-range power.

Steering is leather wrapped hydraulic power steering and it is so sharp than you will go wrong with it which makes Palio fun to drive car.

I will be taking my car to Pandit Auto, Bavdhan Pune for general check up and routine service tomorrow morning.

To Be Continued...... :)
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    4 people like this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Today my S10 visited FIAT Exclusive service center Pandit Auto, Bavdhan, Pune.

Ibrahimchacha who is FIAT electricals expert and working with FIAT since Padmini days worked on my car's Power windows switch.

Previous owner did some jugad for rear power windows buttons (which are located near gear knob) and direct connection from battery was there however power windows switch was not present. Fixed power windows switch and got the connection from main power windows switch on driver side door.

I am awaiting for FIAT Palio Service Camp which is scheduled on 18th, 19th & 20th April and will get my S10 serviced thoroughly with

1) All fluids change.
    2) All belts change.
    3) All spark plug change.
    4) Idler bearing.
    5) Drive shaft bushes.
    6) Swing arms.
    7) Windshield cleaning fluid tank.
    8) AC gas leakge check & GAS refill with cooling coil check.
    9) Ignition coil & Injectors check and change if required.
    10) New parcel shelf.

Here is the rarest picture, S10 at FIAT Exclusive Service Center, Pandit Auto, Bavdhan.

To be continued...... :)

ForumRunner_20140405_231223.jpg

ForumRunner_20140405_231247.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    6 people like this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Forgot to mention few things in earlier post.

Pandit body shop guys removed all the ugly aftermarket stickers except a sticker on boot door, I am planning to remove it while respraying the car.

A new bonnet clip lock changed and it was readily available at Pandit. Headlights (IJL make) n tailights are readily available at Pandit and will change it soon.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Getting parcel trays is difficult; I had to source one from Kurla. Hope you get one straight from the showroom.

I had ordered lot of outside rubber parts for my car at the local Fiat Showroom. They came back after 2 weeks saying they cant get them :( Oh well 99RPM Jai Ho
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sunnyboi can you please pass on the part numbers on 99rpm.

I am looking for original parcel tray and dont want particle board parcel tray.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Kedar are you looking at this?
    parcel_tray_rear_trim_palio_stile.jpg

Parcel Tray
    • 1 x Parcel Shelf Rst Ii| 59063868 +Rs. 1,415
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I checked this Channa however I think I need buy Parcel tray, strings as well. What about rubbers is it required?

There are rubber mounted on speaker provision.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.