1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Restoration Tale of Legendary FIAT Palio S10 #482

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by kedarbendre, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Why only working on the face of the alloy?? you should get the entire alloy re-done. At RS it's always the whole alloys which get done, inside-outside & rims wells.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    They will be working inside out. Photos were clicked on the very first day when we removed alloys. End result will be fantastic.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Alloys painting completed and it will go on car today or tomorrow.

9583f3a73def83b7b38e26a1250cca92.jpg

cf9b07cf397e971cda4422762e83e65e.jpg

2dbb521093190b492a2e9a5e9e3a13fb.jpg

f90a24ecabd537d3823ac937786a29d4.jpg
    Anup, asimpleson, varoon9999 and 3 others like this.
  4. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome work and progress Kedar. Just one question, if i am not mistaken I read somewhere in your post that few body parts are available in Pune. Can you please suggest me if there are any front left and right fenders and cow panel left for sale? and if yes , where can I get them? Thanks in advanced.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nearing to the completion.

f1a7854fd335e5cdeaecdc5274fb5df4.jpg

9ce7d8820311dc66ff67acc03da5ee79.jpg

b939dcef414538a619033b3c92f14613.jpg

Side skirts need to repaired as it is damaged at some places and need fiber welding.

Sent from my Che1-L04 using Tapatalk
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Side skirts are broken at few places and need to be repaired by fiber welding.

Already dropped it at shop near Pashan Sus Road on Mumbai highway.

It may take few days to repair and expecting to get it back by next weekend.
  8. kinetic

kinetic Novizio

mh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hats off to you Kedar! The end result has come out very nice. The car is very lucky that it found you. Just can't imagine how people play carelessly with such an endangered species of cars, not sparing their assault even on the delicate electronics! It hurts to see these legends getting ripped by insensitive people who kill them, until someone like you comes to the rescue. Congratulations for the success. Please start a new ownership thread of the car once the restoration is over. New car deserves a New thread, "Paint It Yellow!!"
    kedarbendre likes this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @kinetic thank you so much for kind words.

The purpose behind buying this car was only to bring her back to its glory and I was working towards it since last 2 years. In next month the S10 will be 2 years YOUNG with me and since last 2 years I am putting my sincere efforts to make her as good as possible.

Efforts, Time and precious money spent on this restoration and I am very very happy to see her in factory finish (as good as brand new car).

Once this restoration is complete I will be starting a new thread for ownership review.

Cheers ;)
    Murphy_Fiat and Pavan Puvvada like this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Drove my Palio S10 after 3 months and I was feeling like driving a brand new car.

Wolf Moto's Remap did a trick and car is very responsive too.

Wolf Moto Remap + FFE + CAI + 1.6 Palio S10 what else a FIATian want in his life.

Skirts will be repaired today or tomorrow and need to be repainted ASAP and there will be nothing pending work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.