1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Restoration Tale of Legendary FIAT Palio S10 #482

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by kedarbendre, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Enjoyed the first drive of this monsoon on Friday night.

Watched hindi movie Dil Dhadakane Do at Vishal E Square. Clicked some photos at Vishal E square pimpri.

2ff5f711a44ef1e5e6851cd550dfc650.jpg

b1432c914b39e2b2957b0de3923f357d.jpg
    rishike007, mchanna, Anup and 2 others like this.
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Repainted the car? Shines a lot.
    kedarbendre likes this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    No not yet painted the car. It is original color.

I just washed it at home using Jopasu Wash n Wax shampoo and used Eagle one on step spray wax.
    bharathj85 likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am planning to repaint the whole by stripping down except engine.

Planning to change the dashboard as well, I got the dashboard from Siena/Petra 1.6 along with white dials.

Will keep updating this thread.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Some latest photos of my car..

e632bac79622db725c08f3a4af66b12c.jpg

7a36d2550a5c38533044ab355448b80f.jpg

708b5743c729fb663aec54d8c66ea6b9.jpg
    Raaz, prabhjot, Ravi Varma and 5 others like this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Now S10 is doing well and completed few long drives in recent past.

One was 450km from Pune Pandharpur Pune and another was to coastal road to Konkan which covered..

Pune ---> Lonavala ---> Poynad ---> Gondhalpada ---> Chaodhi Naka ---> Kihim ---> Kashid ---> Murud ---> Agardanda ---> Dighi Port ---> Diveagar ---> HariHareshwar ---> Mangoan ----> Pune.

The latter road included Ferry ride from Agardanda to Dighi Port. Let me narrate the travelogue for the coastal drive.

The drive completed without any problem and Palio S10 performed very well be it Pune Mumbai Expressway or completely broken road from HariHareshwar to Mhasala while it was raining heavily.

The route which I follwed

Day 1

Pune ---> Lonavala ---> Poynad ---> Gondhalpada ---> Chaodhi Naka ---> Kihim.

We left Hadapsar at 11:30 AM and thanks to traffic we were at Wakad at 12:30 PM. We decided to have food at famous Hotel Samadhan mutton bhakari at Ravet. After having tasty food at Samadhan we left for Lonavala at 2:30 PM. Visited Bhushi dam.

There was very less traffic on the way to Lonavala and also lesser crowd at dam. Spent good 1 hour at dam and started driving towards Kihim.

When we reached Pen there was Ganpati Procession. Please note in that Alibaug area there is festival called साखर चौथ (Sakhar Chauth) after Ganesh Chaturthi. From Pen to Alibaug we stuck in traffic due to Ganesh Procession and we reached at Kihim at 7:00 PM. Checked in hotel and got refreshened and visited beach for walk.

Stay at Sai Shakti Resort, Kihim Beach.

The resort was located near Kihim beach and it was 5 mins walkable distance from the beach to resort. Room was clean with TV & AC. Clean room and toilet. Food was also decent however they dont have their own kitchen to prepare. But the owner owns Restaurant and they provide food in our room itself.

We woke up early morning and hit the beach at 5:45 AM and it was amazing experience. Note it is rocky beach & there are black stones seen inside the water during low tide.

We returned to resort and we got ready for Day 2 drive to Diveagar via Agardanda Jetty.

About Kihim: (Source: Wikipedia)

Major attraction in Kihim is it's sandy beach. Though Kihim was once known as a "Bird Watchers' Paradise", very few exotic species can be still found in the areas having dense cover of trees. Variety of butterflies are also found here.

On a clear day Colaba area of Mumbai is visible from Kihim Beach on the north western side. It is just one and half hour journey from Gateway of India. Beach is just one km away from Alibaug - Mandwa main road.

One can easily find average quality lodging and boarding facilities throughout the village, except for the month of December when advance bookings may be required. For restaurants, one has to go to a nearby locality known as Chondhi.

Other nearby attractions include the Kihim Pond, Kankeshwar Temple near Mapgaon and Karmarkar Museum in Sasawane.

Day 1 Photos.

The Drive Plan

[​IMG]

Mutton Bhakari at Hotel Samadhan, Ravet, Pune.

[​IMG]

Bhushi dam. Wifey wanted visit. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Approaching express way after Lonavala.

[​IMG]

Breakfast at Kihim Beach

[​IMG]

The key to happiness [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 2 Travelogue

It was the D Day and I was looking forward to the Jetty Ride along with my car. I was so excited for this ride. [​IMG]

The Drive Plan:

Kihim Beach > Gondhalpada > Salav > Kashid > Murud > Agardanda Jetty > Dighi Port > Diveagar & Stay.

[​IMG]

Please note Google map show ferry ride from Rajapuri to rohini however it is from Agardanda to Dighi Port.

We started around 10:30 AM from Kihim beach. Traffic was moderate and average speed good to reach Murud around 12:00 PM.

The road condition from Alibaug to Murud is not that great and some patches were seriously torturous.

We entered in Murud at around 11:45 AM and then it was time to hit Patil Khanawal for Authentic sea food. Patil Khanawal is famous for sea food and please don’t bother by word “Khanawal”. [​IMG][​IMG]

We parked our car in Patil Khanawal Parking and sat in their Garden to have food. The food was amazing here. The outdoor sitting is amongst coconut trees ( Wadi ) and you won’t feel heat even on a hot summer day. Quick service in spite of heavy rush is plus point. [​IMG]

It was around 1:30 PM at Murud when we left for Agardanda Jetty. It is just 10-15 km drive from Murud. We reached at Agardanda at 2:00 PM and our wait started for the Jetty.

We missed the jetty by 5-10 mins so we had to wait for next ferry which was scheduled around 2:30 PM.

There are 2 Jetties from Agardanda one takes 2 wheelers only and another which bigger which can carry right from 2 wheelers to containers/trucks.
    Our Jetty reached at Agardanda at around 2:30 PM and it took around 15-20 mins to unload and load the cars into Jetty. There were few cars and one ready mix cement truck onboard.

Driving car onto the Jetty and taking it back to Dighi Port was amazing experience and we enjoyed the ride to the fullest. Jetty will take you to the Dighi port in 10-15 mins.

When we hit the Dighi Port it was just 16km drive to Diveagar. We reached at our resort at around 4:00 PM.

Resort Name: Srushti Villa, Diveagar, near Patil Chauk.

Food Quality was awesome though we had veg food. Resort is quite old however surrounding was good and rooms were decent. We paid Rs. 1600 for a night which includes high tea, breakfast & 1 Lunch/Dinner. It was VFM resort. No AC rooms available however you get TV with Tata Sky connection.

The resort was booked by my colleague who was there at Diveagar from Friday along with his 2 friends. All of them were with families, so along with me we had a group of 8 and 3 kids who enjoyed at Diveagar beach.
    Diveagar beach was so clean and one can drive on the beach. We had a long walk on the beach and after spending good time on the beach it was party time.

End of Day 2
    Ravi_M, mchanna, prabhjot and 5 others like this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Update:

My S10 is doing very well and I am enjoying the drives to Kashid. Took her to Kashid again on last weekend with friend.

S10 was accompanied by Petra 1.6 and we had fun on Pune Mumbai highway.

Also fitted JVC Headunit and Sony Amp & 12"subwoofer in S10 in this month. It sounds awesome and goes well with the car interior (headunit).

Now looking forward to the final touch of this restoration which is stripping down the car (except engine) and painting it in Canary Yellow color. Once denting painting is over will go for custom leather upholstery & then car will be back to its glory.
    varoon9999, mchanna and Raaz like this.
  8. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Good to know the car is doing well. After all these years, the car looks great and IMO it looks like it hardly need any repaint.

I wish you very best for your plans and mods.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Quick update:

S10 getting better and better day by day. Completed few long drives on coastal roads and visit to native in last few and he did not let me down.

In recent drive to native place with 6 on board and boot full luggage my Palio S10 delivered mileage of 14.11kmpl with tank full to tank full method and I am very happy with it.

In these drive I noticed that rear suspension is gone kaput and dont work as expected so it is time to change the rear springs and struts.
    Ordered it from one of my source from Mumbai and it costed me very cheap if you compare it with 99rpm prices...it is almost half the price.

Paid Rs. 1600 for sprigs and Rs. 3600 for struts. Brand new and OEM.

I will be visiting Pandit Auto (yes Pandit Auto) which is not opened their multibrand service center in Pimpri, Pune. Mainly they service FIAT cars at that SC.

With new rear struts and springs the ride quality is gone up drastically and car remains unsettled even on bad roads.

Also changed the engine oil (Total Quartz 10w 40) and oil filter as a routine service.

Happy now. :smuggrin::):D
    varoon9999 likes this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    And the final of restoration started.

7e071b01573d16b23891ba156625539f.jpg

e25cd22420bc9ba3bbdd046b154ed919.jpg

06ccb2a41a09506e9bdc54516b1b84bb.jpg
    asimpleson, pabhishek, Rama and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.