1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Republic Day Drive January 26th, 2013. Mumbai-Navi Mumbai & Others.

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Harsh, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello TFians,

Appreciation towards one's nation is always right below most of our selfish or just expressions. Though we have a patriotic heart, patriotism takes much of a back seat in our
    day-to-day lives. Days like such (January 26th/August 15th/ July 26th) give us opportunities to bring that feeling out into the open; by patriotism I don't mean singing national songs, bitching about the neighboring country or waving the national flag.
    Patriotism, thus, in my opinion, for us commoners, is THAT moment where we forget our schedule/rest periods/desires and come together to achieve that integrity that India stands for.

On this note, If the Moderators Permit, I(with the support of TFIans) wish to initiate a Republic Day Drive where TFI and it's members show that they can, and they do, move out of their comfort zones on a holiday to bring about a unity to commemorate all those who have made what India today is. Regardless of how politically downtrodden we are, morally bankrupt we are shown by criminals and such unsocial elements amongst us; there is still an India that we are proud of.

I would further like to join a social cause to this R.D.Drive;

As this being the landmark moment when humanity has ceased to exist in most forms. Humanity Drive, in my opinion, could be the social issue that we can highlight.

Each of our cars participating can put up different means of expressing how Humanity can be brought back into our society.

Please be assured I am not trying to set this up to gain attention for publicity, but to gain attention that we, learned TFIans, wish to contribute our opinions towards calling Humanity back between us.
    This necessarily may not happen only in Mumbai, but can happen all over the country.
    This necessarily should not happen on January 26th/ August 15th but I chose such a day when people are least interested to move out of the house. Unity in Diversity is what India stands for and when else will unity be impact-full other than these dates when people are in their stereotypical "patriotic" mind frames.

To celebrate the Moment on that day, we can carry the National Flag too. Only and only if we assure we will not disrespect it in any way.

Awaiting feedback :)

Harsh
    8 people like this.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Woah.. What an idea sirji...

Really appretiate the effort.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. Count you in on the idea then?
  4. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Chaa gaye guru
    I AM in :thumbup:

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    Yo Harsh, a drive with TFI-ians is a 'Yes' on anyday and after the the bhari-bhari words in the opening post it is a bigger 'YES'. I am in!!

I need 2 Tirangas for my Jet please, one for either Wing.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Cracking!! Lets pull in more people and make this happen!
    1 person likes this.
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Way to go Harsh baba!! What an amazing idea!
    Lets rock this Republic day with our beloved Fiats through-out the mumbai!

I am in!
    1 person likes this.
  8. Thank you guys! Yeah i already have a route in mind..communicating with mods...you try from urside too!!
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Adding post to make thread visible

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Me too... Sorry mods.. I feel this thread deserves slightly more response than what it is actually getting
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.