1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Mat46.. You are right and Shree.. you too are.. I have observed this pattern in mine as well (Except, I have not observed engine RPM going high before switching off. It has stayed at 1000+ during initial warm up for a few seconds..may be 10-15 seconds sometimes)

Also to satisfy myself, I checked out another T-jet+ for the Radiator FAN sound. its the same and the Service guys also told that it is quite normal in all FIATS.. so no issues..

Quick update about my ride -

Did close to 250kms in city and here are the statistics along with ECO drive report.

Distance - 254kms
    Avg Speed - 21km/hr
    Traffic - Moderate to Heavy sometimes very heavy as well

Avg Consumption figures:
    Avg Consumption - 10.9km/lt as per MID
    Tank to Tank method - ~10.8km/lt
    As per Ecodrive - 10.87km/lt (30.7MPG-used UK based units for calculations.... if US based metric, then the avg has to be ~13km/lt)

Have attached pics of my MID and Eco Drive.

Any issues so far - NIL

One thing that I have to accept, the newer batches of Lineas (atleast the T-Jets) in India, the plastics and the overall fit and finish have improved leaps and bounds.. I am realizing it after having driven the MJD for a year and a half.

IMAG0333.jpg
  2. Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

10+ is a good city average for a car of this size and power.
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Binze.. If driven sensibly (I am not of this kind anyways)... this will definitely give ~12km/lt.. i am damn sure.

My MJD initially gave me 13-14 in city and as days passed by i.e. when I was nearing 20k kms.. the average refused to dip below 16 or even 17 sometimes.. so I expect the same behaviour in T-Jet as well as days will pass. 11-12 in City with loads of power on tap.. Amazing isnt?? :up
  4. Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

True. Agreed :)
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

ah these fiat fans. they do make a jet like sound. my fire uno made much louder noise than my linea. the fan used to stay on even after switching off the ignition in my uno, it goes off only after the engine cools. im dying to hear the tjet,s purr. im sure it must be a lot silent than the normal lineas. tjet engines are imported right??
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

But sometimes this creates embarrasment too.. when you are in a signal and your engine is very silent.. and from no where, the fan sound starts and almost all the 2 wheelers look at the engine bay because of the fan noise.. anyways this goes away after 10-15 secs.. this was not very evident in my MJD since the engine purr is also high compared to the T-Jet.. so suddenly when the fan starts at a high speed in my T-Jet it turns some heads. ::D

When you are running some music, it cannot be heard from inside..

Finally to say, even if someone turns at my Linea for this noise.. then its all ADMIRATION only.. he/she just drools and leaves the signal. :danceSome times I overhear people saying "idhu enna pudhu car.. imported ah??" meaning.. "whats this new car.. is it imported??"
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

I havent heard the fan as of yet and fingers crossed, dnt wanna hear it. Waiting for the ridiculously hot summers for the fan to start doing it work...!!!
  8. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Some pictures clicked tonight with my old digicam.. I am a novice in photography.. so please bear with me if they are bad.. ::pP

View attachment DSC06247.JPG
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Satya,

Nice snaps, by the way wanted to check, the initial snaps appear to be more milky white, is this due to camera effect or Linea white .?

Thanks
    Vasu
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Nice pictures sathya. Looks stunning even in low light. The whole profile of the car is enhanced bu those 16" tyres and alloys. Looking marvellous. Should have also captured with front lights and Fog lamps on. Nyways. Smashing Ride.