1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Hi Satya,

We are also eagerly waiting for you to complete the first service :dance

Thanks
    Vasu
  2. aks_karthik

aks_karthik Novizio

Chennai

Congrats Sathya,

I am tooo much late to congratulate.Being one of the person to change your mind to buy T-Jet instead Honda City/Civic and refering you to FAIT referral Program to get a GPS for me :)
    Now it's your turn to make my mind to buy this beauty.
    Awaiting your max speed record in T-Jet .........
    Enjoy and Drive Safe :)
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

hahaha,very funny,rotfl.
    I some how have a feeling that if FIAT launches a 1.6 MJD,you will sell this car and buy that one!But,please FIAT,don't do that and do save a few lakhs of our friend Sathya's money.
  4. Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Now I know why you convinced him ::T
    GPS scheme is over by 31/Dec, so what is the motivation for Sathya to convince you ???? ::OO

Jokes apart, once a FIATian, always a FIATian...how true is this statement. The brand is too addictive.
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Sir Ji.. Am sure you are already getting ready with your finances to get the T-Jet+.. Its only a matter of time.. May be by Feb types, you may also start a thread for your T-Jet+ review.. I am damn sure about that.. :mrgreen:

i am sure you will purchase one.. When you are destined to get it.. why delay it.. do it immediatly..
    :devilface
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Oh no.. with 300nm torque and 120 horses.. the devil :devil inside me will start dancing again.. pls FIAT.. have mercy on me..
  7. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

For all t-Jet owners some questions.. please clarify:

1. Generally after a short or a long spin, when my car comes to a halt, the engine fan in the car runs fast and creates some (read loud) noise for close to 5-10 seconds before again the engine becomes super silent. is this a normal phenomenon? or is my Jet only having this character? i checked the engine heat.. everything seems normal though in the speedo console.

2. I have not recieved the extended warranty booklet as yet. How is it given.. Whether we will receive a booklet or a paper or...??
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Sathya, regarding the questions you have asked

1. I have not noticed this problem at all until now. The engine is super duper silent, sometimes I have to double check if the engine is running , hell ive even asked people sitting in the car if theres any problem with my ears and is the engine running. No noise even when its ideling or even after a long or short ride, not even after a 400 km stretch. Fingers crossed. Even ifthese is some noise with ur engine, give it a lil time, let it run for a few thousand KMS and it will defo go down. How many KMS have u done yet ??

2. The only thing that you recieve in terms of Extended warranty is an Extended Warranty Certificate. Fiat at the moment has not issued any booklet for it (checked with Fiat). So if you havent got the certificate, demand it from the dealer.
  9. mat46

mat46

Mumbai/Kochi

It happens in my Tjet also, its the fan I think. This happens in the siena too, basically to cool the engine assembly.
  10. shree

shree

Bangalore

I have observed this high rpm (about 1200-1300rpm) as soon as I switch on the engine. It remains for about 5-10secs or till engage the gear. Same thing happens (not very frequently) when I was about to switchoff the engine. Not sure under what conditions. These days it is lesser compared to couple of weeks after my owning the car.

Even I was thinking it is fan, but I guess it is engine. This is very evident from the rpm data from ecodrive. Look at the page (third picture in my post)
    viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1417&p=26128#p26128
    I have data from other trips where rpm was high for about 10 seconds (in 1300rpm range) during start.