1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good.

How about "I follow Heart not Herd".
  2. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    You are giving me ideas man.. and one more.. "I don't MOVE people.. I DRIVE a FIAT"
    Super.

and By the way I will be in Denver from 3rd. Can we meet on 8th? How are you placed.. Can you bunk one day.. I will call you once I reach Denver.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    TJet - 25,000Kms update and 3rd free service

As everyone knew, with the Nano and the XUV doing the daily chores, T-Jet gets a chance only when I am in the mood to do some "driving".

With that, she has seen only a few hundreds more over the last year and now the ODO just stands a little over 25k but she has completed 2yrs with me. Absolute fun everytime I am with her. Agility and precision - these are her strengths and she delivers loads of it everytime.

Took her for the 3rd free service at the newly opened FIAT SC (RDC motors at Ekattuthangal, Chennai). It wasn't new at all for me (except the location), since ALL the faces were known (they all moved from TAFE Reach, Greams road SC), it was being at home and Service experience was good and as usual.

Mr.Tenzing took charge of the vehicle and changed the consumables necessary.

Noticed, there is a larger wear in her front shoes (blame those wheelspins everytime from the traffic lights) and the SC guys also said that her brake pads at the rear are giving up (strange actually).. they showed it to me and it looked like, it will hold good for a few hundred kms more. Front pads looked like, it will last for another 5k types.

So paid around Rs.7,000 for the Service (consumables) and left home with no issues in the car. Didn't change the brake pads / tyres since the car is running very very rarely.

But in a few hundred kms after the service, there was a weird noise from the steering column and the rear brake pads also started to make some noise. Took it to RDC Motors again; Tenzing quickly inspected the vehicle and said that the stud insulator has given up. He changed it under warranty (eventhough the vehicle was little over two yrs) since that sound was occasionally coming even during the third service. Brake pads costed me Rs.5800 and a labor of Rs.750. Took the car back home and now she is again resting.

Have decided to drive her for some time regularly in Mar / Apr (do the office duty). Lets see how it goes.

All in all, very usual and good service exp. from FIAT once again. Eagerly awaiting the Abarth (Minimum 165ps) / Jeep.
    6 people like this.
  4. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Just got this custom TSHIRT printed as a part of the FIAT awareness campaign. Just doing a little what I can do for FIAT.

uploadfromtaptalk1363862111786.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    rejin_r, varun pandit, ENKI and 14 others like this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    That's cool lines Sathya. :)
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    True Lines Sathya..but you made a mistake it's Head not Herd..
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Herd means, A large group of animals that live together or are kept together as livestock..... :)
    2 people like this.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Oh k..i thought it as Head..
    1 person likes this.
  9. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Its herd only.. I meant those who buy Fiat will buy it with the heart and not just by looking at what others buy..:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  10. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    27000 kms done.

Folks,

Since a very very long time this thread was touched. My Italian stallion has been good with some some 27000kms on the ODO, but offlate she never got an opportunity to stretch herself in the highway. The XUV has been doing the duty - be it city or the highway. The T-Jet was taken only on Fridays and whenever I was in a mood to burn some rubber but strictly local drives.

2 Weeks back my XUV met with a minor accident and was left in the garage. And, fortunately there was a long trip that was planned when the XUV was in the workshop. So, it was time for some fun with the Italian horse and I was EXTREMELY happy to take her on the highway.

28th June afternoon it was, and my heart was already pounding for the Jet since I haven't taken her on the highway for almost an year. Quickly completed my office work and it was adrenaline time for me. Filled her with fuel to the brim and out I was on the highway with her. Everyminute was awesome and almost all the cars started to disappear in my ORVM. The curves were just dismissed at good triple digit speeds and I was redlining her to glory in every gear. Everytime I was approaching a curve, for some reason I was crazily accelerating with a huge grin in my face and she was holding to her line as though she was glued to the road.

Didn't care really about the mileage and it must have been in single digits for sure. Care a damn, its one life and it was a long time to have spent quality time with her.

Reached 700+kms in 8 hrs flat with a couple of breaks and it was life reclaimed after a long time. In the return journey, did some drifting in one of the secluded places and it was pure fun.

Truly the feel, I had with my Jet, priceless, and holding her was like holding a baby and she was communicating with full energy. It was nirvana for me with my Jet roaring at 6000RPM in every gear..I have gone crazy guys, as I write this.. Cannot explain the joy I had in words. It was like seeing ones family, kids or returning to your home country after a long time abroad. You guys know what I mean.

Enough said, Now its time for some clicks (Courtesy Sriram again). Last pic is my MJD-Truly Nostalgic.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Nostalgic.JPG
    S A SHAH, rejin_r, teky and 12 others like this.