1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Gaurav and Sun,

Have been busy with my office chores for the last few months. Hectic days ahead too. There could be two reasons why someone will not update about his car..

One could be the CAR is bad and he is sick to provide an update.

Second could be the car is so reliable and does the duty very well so there are no events to update.

In my case, the second one is TRUE. My Jet has been absolutely fantastic and nearing her second bday shortly. No problems / issues whatsoever. But the running has reduced considerably after the addition of the Cheetah. Now it only clocks close to 500kms a month as against my regular drive of 3000kms/month.. The XUV does duty most of the time. Thanks to fuel disparity.

The recent long drive was to the TFI meet in Ooty where the car saw some good speeds (As usual).. the car felt calm and composed as a new car. No niggles, no issues whatsoever. That speaks about the reliability of the car. After Dec, I am planning a remap. So this thread must gain some traction then.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good to hear this Sathya. I wish to see how your Jet would behave with the remaps. Perhaps yours may be the first T-Jet to be remapped in TFI.
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Ramesh.. Missing you for those high speed cornering adventures and your MJD sir. Pls come back soon. A good name that came in my mind for you - "Adventures of MJD Ramesh" like Adv of TINTIN :)
    2 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. Even I am really missing lot of drives together. When I am not there, I am getting all sorts of ideas for trips :D. Sadly, couldn't do anything.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That means now XUV can take rest for some time:D
    1 person likes this.
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    My T-Jet - 3rd Free Service Update.

Hello All,

An update after a long time. The T-Jet has been doing the duty very well when called for. The running has reduced very much to the extent of 200kms a month max to max with XUV and "NANO" also joining the bandwagon.

Yes, I got a BUG (Nano) which is accompanying the Beauty (T-Jet) and the Beast (XUV). Yes, they all have mastered the ART OF CO-EXISTENCE.

The Jet is now 2 years old with ~25000kms on the ODO and it was time for the 3rd Free Service. Actually "Free" Service is a mis-nomer.

There was NO problem with the Jet. No squeaks, rattles or any mechanical problems. Everything was good with the Jet. With this background I took the Jet for the 3rd Free Service.

Was received well by the Service Center folks. The best Service Experience that usually get is only with the Jet (compared to XUV, Swift, Alto and other vehicles that I have owned). And another important aspect - the NANO also came for 1st Free Service along with the Jet (Nano is now 1500kms old). My wife was on the Nano's wheels. Together we went to the TAFE REACH, GREAMS ROAD, CHENNAI Service station by 9AM sharp.

Two people attended me immediately and many people from the Service Center were curious to know how did the Factory Visit (that we did on Dec 6th) go. Info about any new launches, Abarth variants, JEEP etc.

They asked me if there were any issues with the Jet and the Nano. With the Jet, there were none. It was a pure play 3rd Service (General checkup and change of oils). With Nano there was one issue - sometimes it does not start at the first crank. Once I told this, they immediately agreed to change the Fuel Pump (looks like it was a known issue). They asked me to come at 5PM in the evening to collect both the cars.

We came back home, took some rest and reached SC by 6.30PM in the evening. Saw a bill of Rs.7910 for the Linea and Rs.0 for the Nano. Was surprised to see a heavy amount for Linea and then realized changing ALL the oils / coolant etc. ran this high bill. I agreed to pay the bill, immediately took delivery of the bug and the beauty. However they warned me of the wearing brake pads in the Jet which would require replacement in another 2000-3000kms. I just laughed and said that it will be due for next labor service (4th one) before it will run that much and left the SC.

Came back home and the drive was silky smooth. My wife said Nano was also good. Some adrenaline run on my way back in the Jet after a long time and it was pure bliss. Again was convinced to have the Jet at home eventhough there is NO real use. Everytime I drive it, its a reassurance that there is more to driving than just moving people.

Again a super Service experience from FIAT and TATA (First time with the NANO). Hats off.

List of oils replaced -

Fuel Filter - Rs. 448
    Oil Filter - Rs. 402
    Air Filter - Rs. 531
    Transmission Oil - Rs.891 (2Lit)
    Brake Fluid - Rs.88
    Collant - Rs.1258 (5Lit)
    Wheel Weight - Rs.114 (2 weights of each 65gm)
    Power Streering Oil - Rs.429 (1Lit)
    Engine Oil - Rs.2130 (~4Lit)
    Fitment charges for Wheel Balancing - Rs. 480
    Other Items - Rs. 148

Total- Rs.7910

Wheel balancing charges could have been avoided but I didn't worry too much with the experience I got. All in all a good 3rd Service experience.

Some pics that I took in the night (with my mobile camera)..

2012-1.jpg

2012-2.jpg

2012-3.jpg
    13 people like this.
  7. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    great sathya sir!
    couples going to service center
    i think no one has done before ,

art of co-existence is apt to compare.

kudos to your passion.
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Did they(TASS) mention about spark plug?
  9. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

We discussed.. Since my running is less.. They said it can be looked at next service. Jet is going to clock only a couple of thousands before next DEC.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice to hear that.
    1 person likes this.