1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. drmanraj

drmanraj

chandigarh
    Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Awesome pics sir :wow . I hope you ll pamper her all the more than previous linea mjd.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Nice snaps, white is my fav color on Linea. I have downloaded Jet18.jpg and kept as wallpaper :)

Regards
    Vasu
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Nice snaps. The wider tyre fits so nicely to Linea.

The mileage you are getting pretty good.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

Nice pictures Satya,the quality of plastics have certainly improved.Leather ceats exude quality.The car simply looks royal,but for the stickers(again not to hurt your feelings,just my silly thought).Fit and finish is excellent,well deserved for 10 lakhs.Do people fix parking sensors at the front bumper too??,wont it be usefull??
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

:wow

simply superb!!

from the outstanding review to the end of this thread excellent.

best wishes for the t-jet.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

hey congrats. she looks great. but pls get rid of those stickers. and one thing i noticed is that the boot lid is a bit raised on the left and not properly aligned. thats what it seemed to me from the pic. i may be wrong. mine had that problem. got it rectified.
  7. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Thanks every one!

Bala and Karan - I personally like the stickers.. As I said earlier they exhibit the car's and not to say even my character. So planning to retain them.. So, good for now atleast ::O
    And Karan.. reg. the alignment, i would like to get it corrected.. But the only pain is, the Service Center folks here atleast screw up the car if you take it for such corrections.. I remember where I complianed of a rattling in my earlier linea and the SC guys removed the entire rear suspension set up and literally screwed my happiness :sad1 .. So I may leave these as is.. Will these create issues later on or will it become bad as days pass by?? You exp pls.

One more interesting thing---

Yesterday, I went for Din in the night where I had to drive through-

City Traffic conditions - Moderate to heavy
    Roads - Really bad for 40% of the stretch.. i mean real bad where you cannot take her beyond 2nd gear.
    Speed - Moderate foot

and Guess the fuel efficiency.. It did not dip below 12km/lt per MID, the actual Fuel eff was 12.6km/lt :shocked which is strange. In the same stretch before the highway trip.. the fuel efficiency hoovered around 9-9.5km/lt. A welcome change and definitely got smiles in my face.

100% true that we need to be easy on the car for the first few 1000 kms. Initially I did not believe in it but now after yesterday's change in FE.. I have started to believe in it. i will follow the run-in meticulously. :up

Now my city mileage hoovers around 11.5 - 12 km/lt. Yes.. i did reset the MID after yesterdays' highway trip.. so the readings are fresh..Good isnt it for a beast!

Regards,
    Sathya
  8. Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

The mileage is excellent for such a powerful car. I too feel that a proper run-in will ensure excellent mileage figures.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Congrats Mr Sathya. T-JET is an awesome car. Those 16 inch alloys and 205mm tyres look "superb". ::T
    Haven't read your thread till now. I'll read it tonight. How's the suspension, ride and handling as compared to Linea MJD?

P.S.- Is this your ex-Linea? I think its the pic of your Linea MJD. I used to save all the pics of Punto/Linea when I was doing research on these cars.
    [attachment=0:1046xonw]DSC05366.JPG[/attachment:1046xonw]

DSC05366.JPG
  10. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

PaddleShifter: Yes, it is... But I have grown old by 2 yrs now.. ::V

Ride is a lot better than the MJD. I somehow have a feeling that MJD handled better bacause of much lower stance.. I mean low slung.. may be just a mind set. But trust me.. take it to corners at speeds above 100.. the car will say "can't you push me hard, why are n't you exploiting me?"..

Again to iterate, ride is far better compared to my MJD. This is the feedback from all my family members too.

Regards,
    Sathya