1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    A friend of mine who was looking to buy the TJet, and has instead booked an XUV on its launch, had this to say when I recounted your experience:

"Certainly the Linea has way better handling. What the race did not bring to the fore is its superior ride comfort - I guess the XUV guy got a dizzy head so he gave up.
    To create a level playing field, the TJet should have been loaded with a tonne of luggage on its rooftop :)"

I suspect its something a lot of us (I'm definitely guilty on this count) take for granted forget to talk about as well.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    I have taken Endy many a times with my Jet. Not sure whether endy can do 190 what the XUV did. I have had endy follow me until 170 or 175 types max.

5k is too much I think. However happy to know that the Jet is doing good and smooth than before.

I actually didnt get what you are saying... :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  3. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I was referring to the superior ride comfort of Linea about which many of us don't directly talk about.
  4. Sathya, I really enjoyed reading every bit of your ownership thread, I had few questions is true inside of the front wheel arch is metal in Tjet?
    I checked a Tjet on display but couldn't make it whether it is metal or plastic.

Are you planning to use Iridium spark plugs in place of copper? I used to used NGK in my MWagonR acceleration was much better then stock.
    But strangely bosh platinum/Iridium doesn't have the same performance as NGK.
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Yes they are metal fenders. Also i am not touching any mechanicals of the tjet.. Looking only for a remap.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  6. That could be the reason for better NVH in TJET? as Metal would not allow noise to go through.
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    You couldn't keep up with the XUV because 3rd gear pulls upto 140Kmph!! That engine, i just cannot calculate what is the top speed??!! With 6 gears, will it go more than 220Kmph?? BTW we just gave a cruze a very hard time on the highway with my Mjet!! :D For the third or second time, i saw the application of ABS! :) We went upto 180Kmph...:D
  8. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Yes, XUV does 160 at 4th and probably will do a double ton in the speedo. The actual top speed might somewhere be around 185-190 types. Cruze is also a beast. I have had numerous encounters with the Cruze where sometime the Cruze gave up and sometimes where it accelerated to glory (depends on the driver). I can generally do a double ton in the Jet but Cruze does more by a little bit (I believe 210 types). Once in Madurai where I was travelling towards Tirunelveli I had a Cruze overtake me when my speedo was at 190+... One of the monster engines in sub 15L segment.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sathya, i have inherited fear for a few automobiles. A few eg. Linea T-jet, Punto 90 HP (even linea 1.3 MJD), Cruize (i hate those VM Motori babies), 5 series, A6 but no beamer & VW toureaq. I find them really intimidating, don't know why?

Yesterday only, Some one was beaming his headlights in my rear view & to scare him i revved my 90 HP in 2nd gear (it gives a blistering push from 20-65 kmph in about 3-4 secs). As soon as i did that, i could hear the reciprocating roar of something familiar, more like my 90 HP. That was another Punto 90 HP which i was trying to scare:uh.
    I surrendered immediately & graced his rear view;).
    I really hate these few cars when someone else is sitting in them.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Sathya, 1 more thing. My 90 HP just crossed over 150@4th. Since it's 10200 on Odo & filters to be replaced, i would take a liberty to make that 155-160. I could even bog down 320 d @180-190. The needle was just past half way mark of 180-190 when it was a week delivered only (I said bogged-down & not defeated, pls don't put any words in my mouth:?). May be 320 d owner sensed that i have crossed all idiocy & he intentionally pulled over. Man! if these 1248 cc MJDs can do all this, that's not a feat in 2.6 CRDI of Mahindra. They are also designed by some reputed Austrian engine vendor of Europe pioneered in CRDI tech. So don't be demoralized by that Mahindra.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Sathya, What about laura 2L TDI. I think it is more faster than cruze. Have you ever encountered a 1.8 TSI.I think those two will be deadlier than XUV and Cruze.