1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. sathya_sc

15,500 km update - 2nd Free service completed

Today my Jet went for the 2nd free service with 15500kms on the ODO. There were no niggles or issues with the vehicle. So it was just a service where the consumables were changed. Oil, Oil Filter, Air filter were changed. The total bill was Rs. 3346, oil being the major cost.. close to 2k.

While driving back noticed that the vehicle pick up was better; engine noise was less and the Jet was so smooth. Gave full marks to the service center folks. Yet again, was grinning all through the way back home as the Jet was zipping past the other "people movers".. Nothing came close to my Jet. Period. thumbs%20up.gif Sathya
    1 person likes this.
  2. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

3346 rs for heavy t jet. its not expensive at all. we just servicing our 7 year zen ( in august) and charges are almost 15,000 rs. its terible( with ac repairing 3-4k rs). ( who saying maruti cars are cheaper to maintaince ?) i hope so its not case with t jet.

Mod's Note: Please do not use "dots" excessively like ......... It inconveniences the reader.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Thank you for the update. I am waiting for the second service too. Wanted to know, did you happen to change the engine oil during the first service ?

My Palio never crossed 3000/- in the service bills. Used it for good 4 years before selling

We have Dezire in family, seen bills exceeding 7K, however this one is 1.3 DDIS mile cruncher, 1.5 years it is at 80K now.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

i dont know , why maruti cars maintance so high( and still peoples are saying maruti's are cheaper to maintaince)
    where honda , fiat have very low maintaince cost( not spare parts included , only servicing) compare to others
  5. sathya_sc

The engine oil is the only thing that costs 70% of the bill. Rest of all are consumables. I think it is OK considering the fact, the service intervals are once in 15k. While in other brands, you would have completed the second free service at 5k if am not wrong. and I didnt change the oil in 1st free service. Overall the service quality was good and basically i didnt have any issues to fix as well. All iz well!

Just for statistics, recently serviced my 800 which has run just 21k in about 5 yrs time and bill was a mind boggling 6k (just it stands sold though).
  6. sathya_sc

Another awesome spin.

Yesterday, I did a quick 425 km spin to Chennai-Chidambaram and back. As usual, the ride was excellent and driving the Tjet spiritedly in the ECR is pure bliss with those curves and steep bends. There are some curves which gives you some adrenaline if you are hitting the curve unexpectedly and for Linea it was a piece of cake.

Some statistics -

Distance: 210 kms
    Time: 4hrs
    Milieage: 11.6km/lt
    Top Speed: Revved it so hard in many of the places esp in the curves. Nirvana.:)

Interesting thing - Was not able to keep pace with an XUV in straights (hats off to GEM of an engine by Mahindra) but curves in ECR assured the top spot again to the JET. After one of the curves (very steep "S" bend before Marakkanam) where the XUV lost composure and was all over the place, it decided not to muscle with my Jet! I smiled and vanished into the horizon.

Time: 3hrs 30 mins (Chennai Pondy in 1hr 40mins)
    Mileage: 13.1km/lt
    Consistent speeds of 130-140km/hr (no hard revving)

All in all after 17000 kms, everytime I get into my Jet, its fun again.

As I parked my car after the return trip, my heart was pounding again for another long drive. With a deep breadth, gave a pat to her and entered home and my wife who was watching this, gave a strange look at me. and I told myself, simply irresistable.
    HareeshCR likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

2179CC vs 1248 CC. Interesting. Hats off to Jet.
  8. sathya_sc

Mine is 1368 cc (Tjet:)) and truly my respect for the XUV has gone miles up.. Man, truly the XUV has a lot of grunt.. Even when i revved all the way to 6000 at 4th madly (roughly 170/180 types), i wasnt able to take it.. I could only tail it and the rate at which it picks up speed makes me think whether its a diesel or a petrol. Great car with a great engine... The saving grace for my Jet are the curves though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    HareeshCR likes this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

I guess the basic difference is in the torque as well.. 330NM vs 207NM. 50 % extra.
    So the engine would have pulled more per pedal input. Plus XUV has 6 gears, so even better spread of torque.

I think the TJet pretty much out-did itself..

The real comparision for an XUV would be an equivalent car like Endeavor/or one of the BMW/Merc SUVs..
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    That Great sathya 3300 Rs for me my second service VST charged 5K I asked him to explain but,Ok fine nothing will happen i know.One thing was engine part is good , Now its smoother and silent than before .