1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Thanks everyone...

For all, a quick update-

I just now finished a highway trip of 341.8kms (Chennai to Thiruvannamalai and back in lieu of New year). The road conditions and other figures as below:

Chennai - Dhindivanam (and Back) - Roads are good and the MID was showing 16.4km/lt (this was close to 215kms)

Average Speed in this stretch - 90-110km/hr.. Once i did close 130km/hr for a few seconds (yes, I was not able to control myself, but my wife gave me a warning that it is in Run-in period.. so immediately reduced the speed)

RPM at 100 = 2300RPM - Just in the Turbo band.. So overtaking is simply a press of the accelerator and car will zoom like a rocket. Its real fun to leave the competition behind without effort.

Short shifts help in getting a better mileage.. Shift at around 1900-2100RPM and the IC will consistently show above 17km/lt.

Today was a learning drive for me to understand her dynamics and where she can deliver greater efficiencies. I got the hold of it.

Dhindivanam - Thiruvannamali (and back) - Roads were very pathetic, thanks to monsoon and the MID average dipped to 13.5km/lt (this was close to 123kms)

Average speed in this stretch - 50-70km.. with very short bursts of maximum 80km/hr

Summary of statistics for the complete Highway Trip:

Overall MID average speed - 51km/hr
    Overall MID Average Fuel Eff - 14.5km/lt
    Total Distance - 341.8kms

I am sure the mileage will improve to 11 and 16 in city and highway respectively. I am impressed!

Issues observed - NIL so far. One thing is for sure, it is VERY VERY difficult to keep her below 110km/hr. You legs will itch to atleast do 160s/170s if the roads are free. Atleast I found it extremely difficult to drive within sensible limits. Come on, we are just on the turbo at 120! I am planning another LONG highway trip just to complete the run-in. Then I will get un-civilized with her a little bit.. She too will love it definitely!! :mrgreen:

The main photos are still in the making (post will happen tonight), so posting couple of pics of my MID for this highway trip.

Regards,
    Sathya

IMAG0328.jpg
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Satya, thanks for the update and this is a new year treat for all of us from you.

The FE figures are amazing, i am sure once the run-in is complete with light foot it might even touch 18 KMPL on highway

By the way which one you liked the most the MJD/TJET ?

Wish you happy new year.

Thanks
    Vasu
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Thanks Vasu..I will be happy if I get 14-16 in Highway depending on how I drive (I usually drive fast - meaning frequent visits to the 180/190s). 18.. I will start jumping with joy. lets see. ::T

MJD / TJET - Now, thats tough.. I liked the MJD for being frugal despite the consistent 180s I have done. I did handle her very rough (i mean ripping at constant high speeds) and she delivered exceptionally well in every possible way!

T-Jet.. I like her for the brute Power, GC, Gizmos (i owned a MJD dynamic without the Gizmos). I am newly married with her.. so give me some time and I will tell you what i like about her in detail.

Regards,
    Sathya
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Yes I agree, it is new car and you need more time. I'm sure you will clock 5K within 1-2 months.

TJet is in my wishlist, the only thing is about kitna mileage :) I know there is more life than the KMPL. But if FIAT announces 1.6 MJD, it might prove better than 1.4 TJET.

One thing is sure, my next car will be from FIAT Stable

Best Regards
    Vasu
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Here it goes.. The pictures of my beauty..

Jet3.jpg.jpg

Jet7.jpg.jpg

Jet16.jpg.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Some more dose for you all to get mesmerized..

Jet5.jpg.jpg

Jet11.jpg.jpg

Jet6.jpg.jpg
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

@sathya_sc: What's the white tape-like thingy affixed at the four corners [third photograph from the bottom in your previous post] below headlamps and tail-lamps]?
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Hearty Congratulations Sathya. Welcome back with the beast !! Nice to see you again riding on the beauty !! :mrgreen:
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

J Ravi: Its a scratch guard, comes from previous experience I guess :D.
    Car looks awesome, but those stickers are an eyesore (personal opinion, no harm meant to anyones feelings).
  10. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Yes.. Scratch gaurd.. just for some personal satisfaction.

Reg. the stickers.. some feel it that way (including my pal who took the snaps).. but personally I like it..I think it reflects my and her character.. After all, its all about personal choices.

Regards,
    Sathya