1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    That sounds very strange if it happens only in the fifth gear?
    Logically, it should be an issue with the accelerator assembly. Normally I would not expect anything except some turbo lag. Above 1500rpm, I can hear my turbo beginning to spool.
  2. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    It is really starange to me as well. Not sure if this is a problem first of all. Can some one who has a T-Jet check it for me pls... that would be of great help..

the more strange thing is when you downshift the car literally flies off.. when you pump the pedal during that situation a few times at 5th it gains speed slowly... not sure whats goin on?

Called the SC folks and explained the problem.. he says all T-Jets have a very poor response in 5th when it is below or equal to 1500RPM and he asked whether the same thing happens when I accelerate slowly without flooring it.. actually the problem does not happen in that scenario.. like when you are at 60km/hr at 5th and if you accelerate gradually it gains speed and there are no issues at all. the problem occurs when you floor it at 5th when you are at 60...
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    @Sathya- It's common because you have turbo under the hood which unlike the naturally aspirated does not has the instant throttle response. If you have driven the MJD, then it'll be very easy to understand. The best solution is to down-shift! :)
  4. sandip

sandip Timido

Dehradun
    @sathya

The fifth gear is meant for cruising on a highway at a constant speed and not for accelerating. If you have to brake and then want to acceletrate while in fifth gear, you have to down shift.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Sathya - There is a nothing to worry I think, You just need the Q7 V12 in the garage man!!!!
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    11700 km update.

All.

A quick update at 11,700 kms in my Jet.

Covered 1700+kms Chennai-Tiruchendur-Kanyakumari-Trivandrum-Tirunelveli-chennai in 4 days..

No of People: 5 adults, 1 kid and luggage - boot full! The car was literally packed to its brim.

Onward Trip (Chennai - Tiruchendur):

Started early by about 7 AM on Saturday and reached Tiruchendur Midday by about 3PM. Avg speed was 93km/hr and avg fuel eff was nothing to talk about (9.7km/lt). Compromised on Fuel efficiency for time. Did the onward trip in flat 8 hrs (running time of less than 7 hrs) with a 2, 30 mins break for breakfast and lunch.

Here are vital statistics-

Avg Speed: 93km/hr
    Running Time - little less than 7hrs
    Fuel Eff: 9.7km/lt
    No of full tanks - 2 times (One in Chennai and one in Madurai)
    Handling - Excellent
    Problems - NIL
    Comfort - 5 was a tight fit!

The most important thing was - did not even scrap any of the speed breaker even once all along.. not even the big ones near the toll plazas. surprised!!

Tiruchendur - Kanyakumari

Roads were bad. drove my car sedate..

Statistics:

Avg speed - 63 km/hr
    Fuel eff - 12.2km/lt
    Problems - NIL

Kanyakumari - Trivandrum

Did a tank fill again (3rd one)

Roads were OK types. again sedate driving..

Statistics:

Avg Speed: 66km/hr
    Fuel Eff: 11.6km/lt
    Problems - NIL

Trivandrum - Thirunelveli

Avg Speed: 43km/hr (heavy traffic)
    Fuel Eff - 10.4km/lt
    Problems - Nil

Thirunelveli - Chennai

did the 4th tank fill at Madurai Adyar Ananda Bhavan (Opp Temple city highway hotel)..

Avg Speed - 91km/kr
    Time - 6.15 hrs (total running time)
    Fuel Eff - 14.1km/lt

Lesson learnt from the trip - TJet allows to be DRIVEN FAST without compromising fuel eff. During the ruturn trip I was doing consistent 150s but did manage to get a decent mileage.. the secret was - DO NOT accelerate hard from lower speeds.. build momentum steadily and cruise at a higher speed.. "THROTTLE RESPONSE" is the key for mileage. What I mean is do not rev the car too much.. like taking it to 100 at 3rd to build higher speeds... allow it build speed steadily and then cruise at 140 or even at higher speeds.. the mileage remains fairly higher and stable too.

I did not feel any kind of fatigue or any stress when I completed the trip. Felt like taking it for a spin again. The car behaved superbly and did paste a smile yet again in my face. Be it high speed cornering or a sedate drive, the car handled very well.

A quick thing.. I saw a FTA Punto Emotion during my return journey.. Man.. whoever was driving it has to be applauded. What a drive.. and believe, he made me feel, it is the driver who creates the difference. He made me feel that I was too slow. Must have been at 140-150 steadily, I guess. Hats off man for that adrenaline drive.. Honestly, had some fun when I was driving with you.. Pls identify yourself buddy if you are in TFI or join TFI if you happen to see this post..Have posted your cars pic too..

Pics to follow.

Sathya

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Nice pictures Sathya..
    that punto seems to be an emotion pack looking at the width of its tyres
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Excellent pictures.

You are tempting me to take a trip similar to this :)
  9. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Can "we" start tomorrow.. ?:D My T-Jet is also ready.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Beautiful pics Satya,your Linea is an ANGEL.:):)
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011