1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Hello Folks..

Just reached India and wanted to update the thread. I got something special for my baby. Philips strap on Dual DVD monitors (All region free and all region electrically compatible). I got this specifically for my daughter who loves watching cartoons and this will make her busy during long drives. The reason why I purchased strap on monitors because the same can be used as a Digital Photo frame in house though it is not USB and Aux compatible. But I can burn a DVD with tons of PICS and start running them as a slideshow on the one of the DVD monitors.

Also, the weather conditions in Chennai esp. in summer may not be really suitable for permanently fixed headrest monitors (my car will be parked in hot sun daily!!). Another major advantage will be to use this in any car with a Cigar lighter.. All in all, I am happy with it. I will be going on long drives in Apr and will update its performance for everyones benefit.

Make-Philips
    Model-9012
    Cost-198USD (bought via Amazon)

Likes-Great portability
    Great clarity
    Neat and simple
    Firmly gets placed when strapped (I had my own doubts before)
    Loud in built speakers

Dislikes-
    DVD loading area - Little clumsy to load the DVDs
    One of the monitors in less bright than the other (even in full brighness-not a deal breaker though)
    Lack of USB and Aux (may be a deal breaker for some but not for me since i do have a large collection of DVDs..esp cartoon ones for my daughter)

My verdict:
    It just simply fulfills its purpose.

Now some pics.. also I have loaded 2 You Tube videos of the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iErlxZ8cxLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5afARGhr4Y

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Hey sathya, welcome back.

The new dvd player is a good add-on. Just that the messy wires are an eye-sore.

I want to know, can you channel the audio output from the dvd to the car speakers?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Hmm, a good add-on. But I've something else in mind. You should have got a nook instead, it should be far flexible although you get only one monitor. You can unplug and carry it along as it's a tablet.

The audio is from the DVD Screen itself right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Satya, good add-on. The kids will definetely enjoy it.
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Yes, they do form a spiders web in terms of wires.. but little bit of tagging the wires should do good. When I took the pics.. i didnt put the tags which will tie the wires together and hence it looks messier than it would actually look.. However they will not be as neat as the in built headrest monitors.

Now the DVD monitors are actually working as DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME in the house.. I have burnt a dvd with tons of pics and it is doing duty of the photo slideshow.. and they really look good with 2 monitors displaying the photos!
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Yes.. Binze.. they are actually good for the kids.. My daughter is loving it.

Teky.. Tablets are a good alternative except for how they will be straped at the head rest.. we need to tightly strap them else it is going to be a problem.. and the monitors play sound themselves.. They have digital dolby sorround and they are good and loud! should not be a problem to hear them even at higher speeds..
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

@Sathya- Awesome add-on!! ::T
  8. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore

Hey Sathya, nice upgrade! You seem to be sprucing up your Jet like a KingFisher one! 5 Star JET eh!
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Hey Sathya, awesome add ons. Great for the Kids. Looks Great too. :drinks

You are giving me Great Ideas . ::V
  10. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Thanks Arun, Paddleshifter and Ansal.

and Arun.. just doing some bits to make the ride better and comfortable.. and also.. i love her toooooo much and feel getting what I can afford whenever there is an opportunity.

I am leaving to US again and lets see what I can get for her during my next business visit.