1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Amit: Please see the link given below for details of Com-Paint. You can see the touch-up demo video and the FAQ for details.

http://www.com-paint.com/viewallproduct ... =1&scids=1
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Thanks, Ravi. Am downloading the video to check it.
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Some awful stuff.. because of my mistake..

For people who wash your cars (be it any car). PLS BE CAREFUL...

Yesterday, as usual I started my day with washing and waxing my car. Did that meticulously. This includes wind screen and windows washing as well. All went well and i left for lunch along with my family in my other car and later came back home to find something horrible.

My entire windscreen and other glasses including my quarter glass has "SALT" marks.. I mean small patches (circular patches) which are white in color all over my glass. I had to go out and didn’t mind that too much. Thought that it would go away if i wipe it off during my journey with my wipers.

Did use my wipers a couple of times. They didn’t go. Started to think there was something fishy. I came back home in the night and started to wipe the glass. and they simply won’t budge to go. I tried the following things,

1. Used car shampoo. No use
    2. Used Collin glass cleaner.. No use
    3. Used Wind screen cleaner.. No use.
    4. Used vinegar and tried washing.. No use
    5. Applied a small patch of tile cleaning strong acid (at a corner of the glass to check its effectiveness.. i was afraid whether to use it or not).. Still no use. :shocked

Simply speaking, I WAS NOT ABLE TO REMOVE EVEN ONE PATCH IN THE ANY OF THE GLASSES with around 3 hrs of non stop washing. The time was 1 AM in the morning and I just got fed up and left the car.. :mad:

Morning, I went to the Service Center, and asked them what can be done. They called a glass cleaning agent and enquired..he charged me 3000Rs to get this off my glasses and it took him 3 hrs to do this.. constant application of some chemical and polish the glass some 10 times with a machine.

He also added that if i would have brought the car after a month or weeks, it might have led to changing of wind screens.

Horrified by this, went to the internet to check whether his statement is true. and IT IS TRUE (found some instances with Golf, Chevys etc etc.) and the Only culprit here is "SALT" content in the water and cleaning it in sun!!!! :shock:

So guys pls be careful. Just wanted to make sure that no one gets into my situation.

-Sathya

PS: I have got some drool pics of my worthy possesion (again Thanks a ton to my friend and his D700). Await the pics tonight.
    1 person likes this.
  4. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Guys, Time for an update.

My beauty is one month old and she has done 2200 kms so far. This involved a very sedate driving to really harsh driving some times and especially an extremely spirited driving yesterday (I redlined her to ECU cutoff in 1/2/3/4). She managed huge wheelspins even in 3rd! :wow

Mileage update - City - Settling around 10.5 to 11 Km/lt
    Highway - 14-15 Km/lt

Poor Mileage attained so far (yesterday) - 7.3km/lt (for close to 15kms.. as I redlined her to ECU cut-off in every gear except 5th)

I don't have to talk about its performance and handling as we all know. Ride is well balanced.

Visits to the Service Station - Once (for the Windscreen issue described a couple of posts above)

A.S.S. experience - So far, so good

Any niggles with the car - So far, No. She is all fine and set to gallop as fast as she could.

Now a visual retreat to all. Personally these were the set of pics that I like the most of my MJD and the T-Jet. She is lovely and at the same time aggresive in these pictures. Presenting to you all the "Beauty and the Beast".. ::T

Jet 1.jpg

Jet 2.jpg

Jet 3.jpg

Jet 4.jpg

Jet 5.jpg

Jet 6.jpg

Jet 7.jpg

Jet 8.jpg

Jet 9.jpg

Jet 10.jpg

Jet 11.jpg

Jet 12.jpg

Jet 13.jpg

Jet 14.jpg

Jet 15.jpg
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Some more..

Jet 16.jpg

Jet 17.jpg

Jet 18.jpg

Jet 19.jpg

Jet 20.jpg
    2 people like this.
  6. Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

ohhhh...lala...
    My God....stunning pictures of your beauty...

Liked the last one - the Man & his Machine.

(note : kannupada poguthayya, suthi podunga)
  7. Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Nice Pics! It seems you can opt for photography as next profession ::D

Also where did you take this beauty?
  8. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore

Linea looks really Hott in the pics. I have decided, my Linea is gonna be BNW!! ::D

@Sathya: Thanks a ton for updating your Ownership Thread on daily basis. I watch you thread in TB too. I will request EARTHed to update his T-Jet thread in TB now.
  9. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore

Really nice pics.
    Is it the camera or the car? ::V
  10. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad

Good photosession sathya!!
    She looks awesome in BNW!!
    @arun1100
    One photosession has changed mind of FIAT guru!! Great!!!!