1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Sure Teky.. Anytime.

1800 Kms update:

Been with my Jet for 3 weeks and now its with 1800+kms on the ODO.

Overall observations-

Style - 4.5/5
    Power - 4/5 (There is no end for want of power.. isnt?)
    Ride - 4/5
    Handling - 4.5/5
    Fuel Eff: 3/5 ( I was driving the MJD before!!)
    Overall - 4/5

I would have given 4.5/5 for my Linea MJD.

Yesterday, I went for a 319.7 km highway spin to Cuddalore from Chennai and back:

Some Statistics:

Kms: 319.7km
    Avg Consumtion: 13.1km/lt
    Avg Speed: 68km/hr
    Consitantly had her over 3000RPM @ 5th gear during return trip.
    Ongoing trip was damn hectic because of congestion in the Highway and Pondy to Cuddalore was just too bad.. Too much traffic for a highway.

Now I have given up on the run-in (anyway she has crossed 1800kms). Have started to exhibit my original driving style.

Positives:
    Good looks
    Awesome acceleration
    Good handling
    Balanced ride
    All Gizmos especially pairing my phone with her.. Its extremely useful for me! and I enjoy using it everyday.

Negatives:
    Somehow, not getting the same feel as my MJD. Linea MJD was EXTREMELY calm and composed however I drive her. I feel MJD just glues itself to the road. I can recall many of the moments where it has not let me down even in situations of extreme panic and emergency. I can just say, no other car (under 10L) could have done that.

I can say, "as of now", T-jet finds it difficult to replace to my MJD's place.. but she is trying hard.

For e.g. T-Jet slightly scares me and my family at higher speeds (or acceleration???) when compared to MJD. Unable to understand why, even I am feeling that way, eventhough the car is well planted, handles corners at high speeds without any fuss. But still, I miss something that my MJD had which I am UNABLE to understand. :A

My family kind of attributes the negatives to only two factors:

1. Height of the car (compared to MJD)
    2. The acceleration is heavy when the turbo steps in and they kind of get scared with it and with the way she gains speed. (again compared to MJD/SWIFT - my previous cars)

But, I am still guessing why I am not getting the same feel as my MJD. May be, the steering was a little heavy than the T-Jet.

By the way, my bonnet saw a scratch and I had to fix it with Com Paint (I used the one for Mahindra (MM code and it matched perfectly with Linea's Bossa Nove White color). I am happy with the results and the scratch has become invisible (99%). Otherwise things have been fine in all aspects and I am trying to settle with her.

Oh no.. onemore thing, her belly scraped very badly today. My heart literally stopped beating. The car was like a SeeSaw for a few minutes.I drove carelessly and the mistake is completely on me. Can't really complain on her. i took her to a Tyre shop and checked the chasis and it was fine. THANKS A TON TO THE SUMP GAURD. If it would have been any other car, i am sure, something would have blown away and would have created major issues. This is also one of the major reasons (metal engine gaurd) why I chose her over the competition. May be a small thing, but really helps big time.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Sathya,

Can you post pics - before & after com-paint application? Also some pics of how com-paint is to be used?

Some moron has scratched bonnet of my Linea 3-4 places & I've been thinking of using com-paint since quite some time & hence those pics if you have it.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

Satya,somehow I too thought that you would have liked MJD linea more than the T-JET and that was why I posted the question,which turbo and torque do you like among the two Lineas.
    As rightly pointed out,may be the greater GC compromises a little on the road hugging ability.The other differences could be the linear power delivery in an MJD Linea,unlike the T-JET,where it might be sudden and scary.Also could it be the lesser power in an MJD which gives confidence?? or the weight of the car and it's torque and where it comes into play?
    At the hindsight you should have retained your MJD Linea too,since it might not bite your pocket for long journeys.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Satya: How did you placed tweeters, i saw the hertz components and feel that tweeters will not be able to get accommodated at default location. Could you share some pics of your installation?
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Amit, I can only post a pic of the bonnet area post application since i didnt take a picture of the same before application. Will do that today or tomorrow. Reg. the process, its very simple, just spray it in the area where the scratch is. Actually it is recommended to chirp the paint off before application, but i didnt do that. if you are not happy with the results, apply a thinner and remove the paint that you have sprayed. thats it. BUT PAINT MATCHING IS CRITICAL.

Bala, I think the steering was heavy in MJD and it was kind of low slung car and the power is definitely lesser/linear than the T-jet. I mean the acc and the way T-Jet gains speed is higher.. it may be these facors.. Reg the FE, I knew what I was getting into and hence not surprised or dis-like.

Viny, The tweeters were pasted with some tar like substance in the slot. I dont have those pics since my cell phone conked off when i reached the place. I will be going there this Wednesday and may be you can come there. it is in "Vandi Karan" a.k.a "Car Track" road in velachery. When you enter the road, you will see TS mahalingam used car after say 500 metres and from there its another 200-300 metres.. If you are free you can come there...
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Com-paint has Fiat bosa nova white colour, wondering why you chose MM code?
    Check this post - viewtopic.php?f=48&t=861&p=17836#p17831, one of our member has used it, although on Punto.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

@satya, I wish i could be there, it would mean around 4000km trip for me, but given that i am sort of time to reach chennai, it would be appreciable if you could kindly click few snaps and post. Thanks for invite, will meet you for sure some time in near future :) have been following your threads from MJD era :)
  8. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Yes Ravi, i know that there is one for FIAT. But when I enquired, they said it will take a couple of weeks or more to procure the one for FIAT BNW. So did a color comparison at the shop (there is a small strip they give to match the color) and MM is actually the same color as the BNW.. So chose that and there is absolutely no difference whatsoever!!! ::T I know its a metallic color and FIAT is non-metallic. But, 3 or more layers of metallic color will actually look dull and will result in a non-metallic finish... so followed that approach and surprisingly, there is no difference. And the scratch was also very small and hence the paint area was also very small. I asked many people to spot the place where i had painted and people werent able to find unless or othewise they examined very very carefully...

Today, i have ordered from their website just to stock one in my house - the actual shade of FIAT BNW.

And Viny, If i chance to open my doors for some reason, i will surely Take and post some pictures.. i didnt realize that you were out of Tamil nadu.. Thought you must be in Chennai.. ::pP and I know where this confusion happened.. I got confused b/w you and another member Teky :A
  9. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Guys some help pls.

I need suggestions on some adhesive that will stick plastic to metal permenantly.. or atleast very very strong that it does not come off due to moisture or high temperatures or vibration...

The purpose is to stick my cross-overs to the doors since I am not able to screw them to the metal (no provision). the cross overs keep falling off and I need a solution to stick them permenantly to the door metal..

pls let me know which adhesive I must buy..

Sathya
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai

The best place to install the co isn't the door pads because they develop rattles. Moving it somewhere beneath the dashboard or at the back of rear seat is a nice option.