1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet + (25,000Kms Update)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sathya_sc, Dec 31, 2010.

1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Re: The Renaissance of my JET - New White FIAT Linea T-Jet +

Oh.. is that so..good indeed. If i need to get to a particular folder or album.. how do I say that.. for example if i need to go to Album - Micheal. What have I say..

"Play Micheal" ??
  2. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Today, she was taken to a doctor for a vocal cord surgery and the outcome was successful.

I upgraded the speakers to the following:

Front: Hertz DSK 165 Comp
    Rear: Hertz ECX 165 Co-ax
    Amp: No
    Sub: No

Place: Velachery - Sharp Sound Systems - Mr.Sathish
    Professional Installer - Yes
    Listens to feedback and is very patient.

Outcome - I love it! Its awesome. I am back with all those songs with deep bass. The credit goes to One person in this forum where he has installed DSK165/DCX165. I think his username is Pran. Thanks man!

Point for other Linea owners who are planning to upgrade their music system:The HU as such is good and can handle and power a comp without any problems. And one more thing, Hertz Comps are one of the best for Bass lovers and can be powered without an AMP and still can deliver superior results.

Fingers crossed that the upgrade should not lead to any other complications - Yes, I mean rattling. Anyhow, no worries, since the installer has committed that he will take care even if some rattling crops up because of some reasons.

As of now, she is fine and back home. As I write this, she is sleeping and I am mesmerized with her beautiful lines.

Sorry guys, I didnt take any pics.. My Cellphone ran out of charge and I noticed it only after reaching the Car Audio place. ::pP
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Congrats Satya,
    Hertz are indeed good ones, i have seen some good ones, but they are priced very heavily in India.
    How much did you paid for them.

Did you checked out any other components
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Congrats sathya vor the new vocal cords for ur beauty. Hope she sings forever and ever with as melodious voice as possible :up
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Thanks Viny.. I paid a 5.5 for the comps and 4.5 for the Coax, 500 for spacers and the job is done. Total 10.5K and there is a drastic improvement in the quality esp. the bass.. Now, she shows off that she has got the new vocals. :mrgreen:

The bass is as though I have a mini woofer in my car. Atleast it exceeded my expectations having heard "undemining" things about the HU.

Hey Thanks Ansal. Your thread inspired me to do this and I believe she will sing and stay with me forever :steering .

Regards,
    Sathya
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Thanks for the compliment and Its my pleasure that somehow i could help.

Happy Listening :drinks
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai

Would love to hear this set-up because I always was under the impression that Hertz sounds brighter. Also Sathya this is just the starting - after you listen to this for 2-3 days you'll certainly feel you want more - the ICE bug.
  8. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Teky: All we need to do is to play a little bit with the EQ to tame the speakers. and trust me the deep notes are just awesome.. and base creates a boom. My only concern was about the doors jarring since the bass is kind of too much to be on the doors. If I get into any issues, the soln is DYNAMAT.

Can someone elaborate me on the use of Dynamat.. What it does and what it does not pls???Actually I dont know and I am no expert in this area :confused

Also, the ICE bug has already bit me and created a dent of 11k in my pocket.. on man.. enough, I cant take more! ::V
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Satya: Read here http://www.dynamat.com/faqs_faqs.html#text3081anc

What it does?
    Make a 5-10K dent in the pocket for applying tar packed in aluminum

What it does not?
    Doesnt kill the ICE Bug

Once you got Dynamat, next things come in mind is subwofer, then comes 4 channel amp and a mono amp and then a bigger dent of 20-30k :D
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai

Let's audition this sometime when you're available. I stay a little close to you ::T

Dynamat is a damping material, It will certainly reduce the rattles and should increase the sound stage. Last I enquired it would be around 5K for front 2 doors - That is for damping it entirely, in your case just damping around the door pads and spacers it would work out cheaper.

Noise kill will work out cheaper if you can get the stuff from the US. You can get the installation done locally and save some bucks.