1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The red endangered Avventura

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Vidhyashankar Kannan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I might be late but would still like to congratulate you on your endangered red. It looks simply fabulous and IMO red is the best color for Punto/Avventura. Enjoy the beauty and have happy miles ahead :happy::happy:
  2. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot & @Tornado See this is a thread put up by @Vidhyashankar Kannan to share the pride that he feels with his new baby and I respect that and will not want to clutter the thread.

@Vidhyashankar Kannan Apologies for hijacking your thread. I will not comment again I assure you.

Just my two cents:

@prabhjot Take any body in the world (I am not even saying India) and ask them whether the Punto Evo and the Avventura looks very very similar and the answer would be yes for more than 90% of folks.

Now, do the same experiment with a Fiesta and the Ecosport. How on earth does the Fiesta look like an Ecosport. I mean do you kid around just for the heck of it? And no one I repeat no one gives a damn about whether the chassis is same or the engine. People first buy on looks and I mean the majority.

@Tornado My comparison was simply based on a hatchback being fitted with accessories and converted to another model. I never mentioned ride and handling which I am aware of since I own a EVO. That is something I never agree with and guess what I am right as far as sales are concerned.
  3. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you @Turbothinghy . But I must also add that both cars seem to carry all colours beautifully. Even the Blue GP had a certain flair. There was one available for just 7.5 onroad for the 90HP but alas, the red Avventura trumped everything else :happy:. I had a very rare experience or stopping at a red light right next to a new red Evo. People all around were looking at the two cars. I guess it was admiration. Could have been pity too for the two nutcases who bought Fiat cars :angelic:

By all means, please go ahead. No need to apologize. It is not my thread. It belongs to this forum where we all share information to help one another.

Ah, the double edged sword, that statement of yours. Yes, people do buy on looks. Ask Hero Honda and Bajaj. They change the decals on their bikes and add the word "new" somewhere and voila, people think its a whole new bike. They do this every 6 months to the point where no one knows which one is which anymore.

But.......going by the same statement, if people do buy on looks, then why don't they buy more gorgeous Fiats instead of the matchboxy WagonR? ;)
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

Of course it looks sort of, but still very different thanks especially to the spare wheel, to the Evo: it is the Cross-over, the avventur-ous version, after all.

Happens all over the world with several firms (from Renault and Citroen DS to Jeep to VW to Abarth to BMW M....). Fiat's been doing serious Cross-special-versions for decades in Europe and Brazil (and India)!

The Ford Fiesta looks obviously like the parent of the Ecosport: interiors are identical in fact, front end esp grill is similar....and this is clear even if we in India only get the sedan not the hatch.

Now: if we don't buy either (even though everyone regards both the Evo and esp the Avventura as great looking) in great numbers, and not even talking build, safety, ride and handling here......what does that say?

To me it says that most folks in these market segments won't (as yet) consider and even if they do probably won't buy your overall brand, irrespective of what all-new model or nameplate or version/special-edition you launch. As of now. We will see this story repeated once the t-jet and/or Abarth Evo arrive, you think?
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    As far as sales are concerned can we please also acknowlegde in AVVYs case too that people wouldnt buy a product also because the marketing is pathetic to say the least. Just yesterday passed by Torrid motors showroom which moved back to its old inconspicuous showroom by a Flyover brigde. As if to deliberately hide it.. :banghead: No lights in the showroom on a weekday at 6.30pm.

They dont really care about Fiat..! A place like Mumbai could have some inter dealer competition to sell more. There are atleast 5-6 zones within Mumbai which need dedicated representation of Fiat cars and queries. No presence no sales. We are thirsty to see the new Linea and even Avventura which are like that rare animal to be sighted..! :(
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @asimpleson

Their dealer-level offline/outdoor promotional activity is very weak, i totally agree, at least in Mumbai and also Delhi NCR i feel, am sure it's much better in their best markets: Bangalore, Pune, Chennai and in Kerala, and there are still ongoing efforts in the likes of Patna and Kanpur, it seems. Hyderabad will hopefully also become a good market for Fiats, hopefully, good chance of that maybe?

This is why I wish they would move in a BIG innovative way into an e-commerce-centric approach for the metro-s at least, reduce these expensive-real-estate showrooms while retaining the FASS? The average buyer in delhi ncr is very distracted and spoilt....the status quo is useless.
    Turbothinghy and asimpleson like this.
  7. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    I being the last bencher at school always end up last, in doing good things :p, heartiest congratulations @Vidhyashankar Kannan for the Avvy (beauty in red tipped me head over heels).

Repeating(what some has already mentioned) again in some other way, as I can't help it, you have really wrote your heart out which we Fiat lovers can connect bang on.

God speed!!
  8. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you @Prashant Teki . Even I was a back bencher in school for a few years and still never did too many good things :troll:

We Fiat lovers seem to accept certain common things about the company. That their cars are great and that they still don't know how to sell :)
    Prashant Teki likes this.
  9. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    We finally managed to make our first long drive. A round trip from Hyderabad to Hampi. The onward route saw us going from Hyderabad to Gooty and then from Gooty to Hampi via Bellary. This was a route full of surprises. Little did we realise that we would finish the first 300 kms in 3.5 hours and then the next 150 kms in 5 hrs! Yes, the Gooty to Hampi route was simply atrocious. Terrible roads full of moon craters. But the shining star on this route was the Avventura. Its 205 mm GC came in very handy which helped negotiate nearly all the craters except one. This was so deep that when the rear wheels went in, the periphery of the crater hit the rear underside of the vehicle. For a while, I felt so bad that I actually managed to bottom out even this beast. But no matter, we plodded on.

P5170153 copy.jpg

To make matters worse, Google maps let us down at a point deep inside the villages where there was simply no one around to ask nor did we speak Kannada which was the only language understood at these places. We had to follow the new Google maps route which literally took us through some fields, tiny broken roads and even precariously close to jagged edges with steep drops. The entire 9 hour ordeal was possible only because the car was so composed throughout and the AC worked like a charm. The handling of the car is something that was truly experienced on this route.

P5190344.JPG

P5190349.JPG
    The return journey was done via Gangavathi. This route was only 360 kms but full of two way highways. Consistent speeds of 100-130 km/hr saw us return home is exactly 6 hrs 15 min. The real dampener on this route home was the insane number of speed breakers everywhere and just when you least expect them. Many a time, I had to screech the tyres as all speed breakers were unmarked. They just popped up suddenly. Perhaps the nicest thing we noticed is that we were overtaking every other car on all the highways. Such was the control of this car. My respect for Fiats has only grown now after this trip. The only car which smoked us while going and coming was incidentally the same, Skoda Rapid. The diesel version of the Rapid has some power! and then some control too! I tried hard to catch up each time but it was no use. I was smoked and I accepted it.

As we entered Hyderabad on the return journey, we didn't even notice that the temperature was a blistering 43. The car's AC worked so well. And I had absolutely no back pain or any other body pain of sorts. The driving position is spot on. I was mentally exhausted as I was staying extremely alert for speed breakers the entire time.

In the end, all of us have understood how capable a car it is that Fiat makes. How I wish people understand this and go out and have fun in this low priced, true VFM of a gem. Be it the Punto, Avventura or the Linea.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The pics were awesome mate. Long trips always showcase the true capabilities of the FIAT's. I don't know why but seems to be a common trend across Karnataka where they have built speed mountains all over the highways in the state, I faced similar challenges negotiating them on my recent trip to Mysore. Thanks to the GC on the New Linea did not scrape the underbody.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.