1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The red endangered Avventura

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Vidhyashankar Kannan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Jagan

Thanks for the super fast response!!! Will wait for fruitful response from Naveen :)
    Jagan Mohan Reddy likes this.
  2. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congratulations and enjoy the ride. The steering is telepathic and the downside of the same is you tend to drive more. :)
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    That is one stunning looking beauty in RED! I am starting to see a few Avventura's on the road nowadays (which is a very good thing) but this is my first RED. The close up of those gorgeous tail lamps was a treat to look at. Many congratulations!

A very wise decision, to not wash the car everyday. It would suffice if you just dust it with a good duster like a Jopasu and wash it once in a couple of weeks. Getting the car washed everyday by somebody else is a crime to me, the car looks clean but the car's looks just fades away. And especially when you have a shade like red.

And a double thumbs up for going to work on a Bicycle!
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you @5u3zEr0 . I use the Jopasu duster once in a few days to take the dust off the paint. I have instructed the fellow to use a wet cloth and wipe only the non-painted parts. Its been fine till now. And for the odd tree sap or bird droppings, I use the Meguiar's Quik Detailer which wipes off the dirt effortlessly. I plan to apply a hard wax just before the monsoons. Maybe the Collinite 845.

Cheers. Just doing my bit to stay healthy and lighten the load on Mother Earth. Not to mention having tons of fun.
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Gentlemen,

I request someone to let me know regarding a few clarifications I seek. I searched for a thread on this forum on the proper running in of the MJD engine and did not find one. Hence the question. Is there really a running in period for the 1.3 MJD? Other sites say stay below 2200 rpm for the first 1000 kms and then to slowly increase to 2800 rpm for the next 1000 kms. And to ideally run each gear through to 2500 rpm or so. I live in a hilly part of the city where steep inclines are the norm. When climbing, I simply cannot stick to 2200 rpm as the momentum does not build up in each gear. If I need to hit the turbo, then I need to rev to nearly 2800 rpm or sometimes even more to change gears. Please let me know if I am harming the engine in any way.

Secondly, I noticed this hose sticking out from the rear right wheel today. Amused, I followed it up and found it was attached to the fuel inlet. Is this an overflow hose? Shouldn't it be tucked in neatly somewhere? Any help please?

IMG_20150328_193602.jpg
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan, do drive it as sedately as possible, with gear changes just where necessary. Not to ignore the specific RPMs mentioned but in areas where there is a hill incline like you said, there is not much you can do, apart from staying in a lower gear for lower RPM. Take help for that pipe to move it away or show it to FASC if possible.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,
    Modern engines do not have any specified run in periods as they are pre-run usually so nothing much to worry. I too have imposed a self run in period, iam currently not crossing 2500 rpm and plan to stick to this up to 5000 km.
    I understand that you need to cross the 2.5 mark to help you in pulling the heavy mass uphills, the only thing that you need to ensure is that the engine reaches adequate temperatures before you start hitting the turbo zone. Thanks to the thermostat on the center console which will help you clearly monitor the engine temperatures, use that effectively. What ever this hose is it should not be dangling this way, I totally agree with you this should be nicely tucked in and enclosed better get this addressed with the FAC at the earliest.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you @asimpleson and @PradeepM for the immediate response. So I understand that the engine does allow higher thresholds during the run in. I will still try and keep the revs limited to 2200 rpm on long rides. I cannot help the higher revs on climbs and try to stay at the lowest possible. But this 1 ton+ beast just gasps if the turbo hasn't kicked in on an incline.

I just saw that the FASC is open tomorrow. Will go and ask them about it. I have kept the hose behind the shock absorber for now.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Gentlemen, the hose in question was indeed the fuel overflow pipe. It was to be pressed into the housing right behind the wheel as marked by the yellow arrow. In case any of you have this issue just press the pipe back into the housing as in the photo. Thank you.

hose.jpg